Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

2000 Rodeo new shock impressions

amigo-2k
07-21-2004, 09:14 PM
Well after about 53k on my stock shocks I finally decided to pick up some monroe sensatracks from a-1shocks.

http://a-1shocks.com/
Part numbers for Rodeos/Amigos:
Front: p/n 37159
Rear: p/n 37160

I hit all the old nuts with some nut cracker, but I couldn't get the top nut to budge (thanks to the salty, WI roads). So I took it to my dealer (who has really good rates on things, like 70 bucks to re-pack my front bearings), and had them installed.

I know this has been said before about these shocks, but it is true: "It should of came stock this way". The two major differences are that the truck doesn't lean in the turns nor does it nose dive when breaking or nose up when taking off.

Also, when hitting bumpy roads it doesn't feel like my whole truck is going to fall apart (it was like this with 6 miles on it when I bought it). AND the best part is the ABS doesn't come on when hitting potholes. I have one that I hit every day on a right hand turn home from work that the ABS would buzz away at me. So as stated before the shocks do a great job at keeping the tire on the road.

I wish they were a bit firmer, but I can't complain with the way it is now.

-Ryan

Mike72771
07-22-2004, 04:48 PM
Yep, I replaced mine with sensa tracs about a month ago. Its like night and day. I wish I had done it a lot sooner than 46k.

Tom01Rodeo
07-22-2004, 07:02 PM
I can't wait to replace mine. Just waiting till later in the year, Monroe usually has a "Shocktober" sales event in which you buy 3 and get one free :)

Add your comment to this topic!