Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

2001 RAM1500 4x4 Cruise Problems

ramdriver
07-21-2004, 08:17 PM
Hi Everyone,
I surfed onto this board by chance and have found a ton of useful info about my truck while reading past threads!..ie how to read codes. I was wondering if anyone here might have some insight on how to fault find my defunct cruise control? There is no display on the dash at all when trying to turn it on. Someone mentioned the same prob in an earlier post but there was no response. I have searched high and low for a fuse in the panel in the cab and under the hood with no success. Does anyone know exactly where the cruise is fused at, as that would be my first check because the system just simply quit one day! Any help or direction would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

gixer11_1999
08-12-2005, 08:40 PM
Hi Everyone,
I surfed onto this board by chance and have found a ton of useful info about my truck while reading past threads!..ie how to read codes. I was wondering if anyone here might have some insight on how to fault find my defunct cruise control? There is no display on the dash at all when trying to turn it on. Someone mentioned the same prob in an earlier post but there was no response. I have searched high and low for a fuse in the panel in the cab and under the hood with no success. Does anyone know exactly where the cruise is fused at, as that would be my first check because the system just simply quit one day! Any help or direction would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Your not alone I have 1998 ram 1500 4x4 exact same problem!!!!I have tried everything I suspect PCM..

Jerryx
11-12-2005, 07:12 PM
The cruise on my 2001 5.9L 2500 also quit. One day the check engine light came on, and from then on no cruise control. The code was for throttle position sensor.

Master.ASE
07-23-2007, 06:54 PM
Hey, guess what, I just got a truck in my shop with po122 code. Ha! I was reading up on it and it seems as if this is a norm for dodge rams but with no fixes yet. I have multiple codes and no buss signals either. Oh, by the way, my otc scanner says I have a map sensor with low volts? This diesel dont have a map sensor? What do ya think of that. I think I will get a bigger hammer and rethink. Oh, check your alt. unplug it and clear codes. then drive with wires disconnected. does codes come back. this will eliminate voltage spikes that interupt sys buss.

Add your comment to this topic!