Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Miller's Woody

Roboduck
07-20-2004, 06:36 PM
http://files.automotiveforums.com/gallery/watermark.php?file=/503/209616Miller_s-Woody2.jpg

Again.. Illustrator and FreeHand drawing. I did this for a good friend who slaves over his Woody. I tried to get more involved in shadowing and colors. tried to do a bunch of shading with transparencies and layers.. would appreciate comments from Illustrator/Photshop users. I really am just starting to learn about vector art. thx

bonzelite
07-21-2004, 02:59 AM
very nice, robo.

makin' me feel the heat of the digital rendering age. i need to join the current century...

5uPrA RyDa
07-21-2004, 08:06 AM
looks good, you did a good job on the reflections and the gradients in the bumper, add an interior though. looks good

Roboduck
07-21-2004, 08:25 AM
looks good, you did a good job on the reflections and the gradients in the bumper, add an interior though. looks good

Thx.. you're right. I had done the interior.. or portions of it, but lost the layer and dumped the ai. file ... next time. thx

5uPrA RyDa
07-21-2004, 06:23 PM
Thx.. you're right. I had done the interior.. or portions of it, but lost the layer and dumped the ai. file ... next time. thx

your welcome :iceslolan

lemorris
07-21-2004, 08:20 PM
Looks pretty good.

Sometimes the consistency of the computer line eliminates the overall artistic emotion...that's one of the reasons I ink by hand and then color digitally. Personal preference...to each his own.

You might want to try using more masks on your gradients.

Draw elongated rectangles of the 2 colors and blend with a number of steps that eliminate the banding, and then select the area using the pen tool or whatever. Select your area shape, and the blend under it, and hit ctrl+7 on your keyboard. The top shape will mask the blend and leave you with some happy gradients. Remember to group after you mask so you can move it.

Regardless I really like your work. The time it takes to line draw in Illustrator is a big monkey on many backs.

You got Streamline?

-Lemorris

Roboduck
07-30-2004, 09:52 AM
Thanks for the advice. I am just learning how to use Illustrator.. and Photoshop.. will certainly take a lot more time. Your comments are being written down and I'll try them soon. Thx for the help. Robo

Looks pretty good.

Sometimes the consistency of the computer line eliminates the overall artistic emotion...that's one of the reasons I ink by hand and then color digitally. Personal preference...to each his own.

You might want to try using more masks on your gradients.

Draw elongated rectangles of the 2 colors and blend with a number of steps that eliminate the banding, and then select the area using the pen tool or whatever. Select your area shape, and the blend under it, and hit ctrl+7 on your keyboard. The top shape will mask the blend and leave you with some happy gradients. Remember to group after you mask so you can move it.

Regardless I really like your work. The time it takes to line draw in Illustrator is a big monkey on many backs.

You got Streamline?

-Lemorris

bonzelite
07-30-2004, 11:47 PM
lemorris, i wish i knew what you said about the technique. i am learning illustrator, too. the mofo is hard.

you are spot-on about "the consistency of the computer line eliminates the overall artistic emotion." that is TRUE. i dislike 100% computer line.

Add your comment to this topic!