Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

trying to post first drawing

Roboduck
07-20-2004, 11:55 AM
http://files.automotiveforums.com/gallery/watermark.php?file=/500/209616DR_cobra1-med.jpg

This is my dream car.. I drew it then took it to Illustrator to computerize. Trying to learn how to do gradients, shadowing, and basically... letting the computer save me time. Right now, the computer takes more time, but the product is cleaner (I think), thx

you
07-20-2004, 01:51 PM
Yea, your renders are really nice! i love it.

bonzelite
07-21-2004, 03:08 AM
robo, you got the rear correct. elipses and all. you CAN do it. hmm. you are inconsistent with it.

i think this is because you are still trying to grasp the illustrator/photoshop techniques. i DO think, now that i look at this drawing, that you understand perspective fine. i think you are battling the digital tools.

that is what i will end up doing. battling the digital tools.

you render excellently.

Roboduck
07-21-2004, 08:18 AM
robo, you got the rear correct. elipses and all. you CAN do it. hmm. you are inconsistent with it.

i think this is because you are still trying to grasp the illustrator/photoshop techniques. i DO think, now that i look at this drawing, that you understand perspective fine. i think you are battling the digital tools.

that is what i will end up doing. battling the digital tools.

you render excellently.

Thx Bonz... you are very correct. I am inconsistent in wheels, but the major problem with them is more of a tech problem... learning how to "assemble" wheels in Illustrator... layer upon layer of ellipses, aligning the ellipses and spokes, etc. Also, I tend to rush towards the end because it takes so much time... at least for me 'cause I'm trying to learn it... thx for the crits... for all the posts I did.

Add your comment to this topic!