NEED HELP, one clueless car buyer right here!

xdreamberbabex
07-20-2004, 08:34 AM
Im 17 and now looking into buying my first car. I have been exploring all of my options, looking online at all typse of cars. I have always figured I would get a sunfire, so that is basically what i have looked at when i went to a few dealerships. i test drove a few of them, they were under 9,000 and the 2002 fully loaded sunfire was great. I also drove a grand am and i love those.
But..
insurance cost comes into play.
My parents will put the car under their own name of course, and have me as just a driver.
A 4 door car is less insurance, but i like 2 door cars
Also i would love a car that has good gas mileage, as does everyone else, and i have been reading reviews and found that the honda civic is a pretty good car?
So basically, im open to suggestions...i have about 4,000 and i can finance the rest. i just want a cute, reliable used car, that doesn't waste my money in gas, and wont break down two minutes after i buy it.
any suggestions?

xdreamberbabex
07-20-2004, 09:06 AM
if you know anything about ford mustangs, pros and cons...
honda civics...
toyota cars
acuras

i will take all the advice and help i can get!
especially if you own these cars that would be great.

another thing,
i was looking online at a ford mustang
its a 1998, only 5,700..
is that a good price
its a 6 cylinder, which i dont even know the difference between a 4 cylinder and a 6...
Drive train is a RWD whatever that means
automatic

good price?
says its in EXCELLENT condition
so i duno.
please respond

Tbird4747
07-20-2004, 09:52 AM
its a 6 cylinder, which i dont even know the difference between a 4 cylinder and a 6...
Drive train is a RWD whatever that means
automatic

ok obviously you dont know a lot about cars
for one if your looking for a "cute" car you obviously dont care a lot about performance so i would suggest maybe a civic because it is reliable and gets good gas mileage and it will get you from A to B. If oyu are looking for something reliable and efficient a mustang is not the answer.

Implode
07-20-2004, 12:07 PM
I agree with Tbird, a Honda Civic would be a great car for you. They are relatively inexpensive, reliable, and have cheap insurance. Just so you know, a four cylinder engine has 4 pistons while a six cylinder engine has six. Pretty simple right?
And
rwd= rear wheel drive - meaning rear wheels drive the car
Good Luck in your car search!

xdreamberbabex
07-27-2004, 12:07 PM
thanks ppl!
well i have been looking in autotraders for the past week, and i have found afew good deals on cavaliers, which i am leaning towards.
i many people with them and they say they are great on gas and have no troubles with them
i keep hearing the same thing from people with sunfires though
so who knows
i was looking at suv's too, but they are wayyy out of my price range
any comments on cavaliers?

CaTasHtRoPhE 67
08-13-2004, 01:20 PM
cavaliers=POS

thats just my 2 cents

HeadBand
08-15-2004, 02:37 AM
a cavileir is the same as a sunfire

kcap122
08-15-2004, 09:31 AM
Cavaliers and Sunfires are both made by GMC, they just have different body on the outside. Alot like the old firebird and camaro.

Anyway, I'm gonna say the same thing as everyone else. A Honda Civic would be a great car for you, they're probly the "cutest" out there. On the other hand if you want a little more quality, a little more room on the inside, a little faster, but a bit less cute, a 1997 or newer Honda Accord could be a great option.

Add your comment to this topic!