Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

please help

sweet21
07-19-2004, 02:29 PM
I really really would love to have a lamborghini Countach but unfortunately I dont have alot of money. Could anyone help me out to find a really cheap one. I will repair it if it is a little messed up but again money has to come in. Please help and thank you so much for your time.

FireBball972
07-19-2004, 04:05 PM
shouldn't this be in the Countach forum buddy?

MalkaJB
07-19-2004, 04:37 PM
Sorry to tell you man, but a lot of us are in the same boat as you. We all love Lambos but will probably never own one. I will try to help though.

Click: http://www.readytofix.com/Inventory/Countach_85.htm

This Countach is fairly cheap due to some damage. Remember, cheap is a relative term when you are talking about a Lamborghini. If this car is within your means, it is worth taking a look at.

BTW, FireBball972 is right about this being in the wrong forum. You might want to try the Countach forum.

Good Luck.

-Davo
07-20-2004, 01:42 AM
yeah that is cheap!

Wrong forum bud.

Doucette
07-22-2004, 09:20 PM
Here's one for *this* forum:

http://www.readytofix.com/Inventory/Lambo_Murcielago.htm

:)

CRXloon
07-22-2004, 10:31 PM
Here's one for *this* forum...

Roll-over protection doesn't look "all that!"

I remember being put off buying an MR2 some years ago, after having seen one that had been rolled, on the back of a flat bed trailer...

Not that it would put me off buying a Murcielago that much, (like i've got the readies: not). At least there doesn't seem to be too much claret on the interior shot, so i guess the driver got out OK.

Someone's nicked the gear knob too.

Doucette
07-23-2004, 07:18 AM
Yeah, and then add on the fact that the doors don't open when it's upside-down! Yikes!

http://www.readytofix.com/Inventory/LAMBMU2.jpg
http://www.readytofix.com/Inventory/LAMBMU1.jpg

CRXloon
07-23-2004, 08:17 PM
Yeah, and then add on the fact that the doors don't open when it's upside-down! Yikes!

I'm sure that the factory identified this as a problem when the Countach was being developed. I read in the Osprey Autohistory book on the Countach that they'd considerd experimenting with explosive bolt-equipped door hinges!

I think i'm right in saying that the final design allowed the windscreen to be "kicked out" by the occupant(s) in the event that the car ended up on it's roof.

Best person to ask would be Mr Balboni: he rolled an LP400S, (i think belonging to Armin Johl, or his brother), just down the road from the factory: i believe he walked away unscathed...

Just a thought, but over here there is a big current fad amongst "modifiers" to fit "Lambo" doors to just about anything. I wonder if any of them have considered the exiting problems associated with the vertical doors? (Especially as said "modifier's" vehicles often end up on their respective rooves in fields/on roundabouts etc.)

Doucette
07-24-2004, 09:56 AM
I posted of a crash (maybe the same crash you are talking about) in this thread:

http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=97287&page=2

Here it is again:

The job is not without drama. In May 1978 Valentino was trying a German customer’s new Countach S at 160 mph when a farmer pulled out from an access road. “I instantly had a bad feeling,” the test driver recalls. He stood on the brakes, the farmer freezing like a deer in headlights, his tractor blocking one of the road’s two lanes. Then, for some unexplained reason he started moving again. Valentino clipped the tractor at 100 mph. The Countach veered out of control, tumbling end over end, finally coming to rest upside down in a large field. Amazingly, Valentino was unhurt, though stuck; Countach doors open upward, like a pair of scissors. Gas leaked from the car’s broken tank, and the field ignited. People stood and watched. “I could see they were afraid,” Balboni muses. “That is when I decided it was time to get out!” As he struggled to grab the car’s fire extinguisher, he heard a crashing noise behind him; one of the spectators was trying to break the window. Valentino quickly opened it, then rolled on his back and stuck his two arms through the small opening. The stranger yanked and Valentino popped out. From a safe distance, they watched the Countach burn to the ground. A lot has changed since that incident. “It is more difficult and dangerous than it was in the 1970s, for there are a lot more people on the road today,” Balboni reflects. “Though cars in general are considerably safer, our performance has increased so dramatically that you can reach extremely high speeds in a very short time, creating a tremendous speed differential. There are also more laws and speed control, so driving is not as happy and relaxed as it used to be.(I can't remember where I found that quote from.)

-FROG-
08-06-2004, 10:48 AM
I never thought about that if I ever flip my car.... I'm actually sitting here getting chills. :(

ehnriko
01-13-2005, 02:21 AM
Well... Lamborghini must have thought of that when they first conceptualized the countach (or Bertone design), but they never intend to race the countach- it was meant to be a GT that aims to get attention. well, upside down or not - it will get attention. But since they made it so low -the center of gravity - the chances of flipping the car is 1 to a Million. Unless intended or pushed to extreme conditions.

At any rate, my replica has aluminum window frame dividers so it won't be difficult kicking it off once in that situation. More-over, I would probably adopt a racing fuel tank (leak proof) and pressurized.

Hmmmmm.... Yeah, it's a scary story alright.

Scarecrow
05-22-2005, 04:30 PM
If you find a Countach that is cheap to buy, you can bet it's going to cost an arm and a leg to get it back into shape again. The advice I received when looking for one was to buy the absolute best I could, which meant a lot of money. If you start off with a bad one you are always going to be chasing problems. Even with a good one, there's always a list of things that need doing.

-FROG-
05-22-2005, 08:12 PM
If you find a Countach that is cheap to buy, you can bet it's going to cost an arm and a leg to get it back into shape again. The advice I received when looking for one was to buy the absolute best I could, which meant a lot of money. If you start off with a bad one you are always going to be chasing problems. Even with a good one, there's always a list of things that need doing.

That would be good advise for any large investment in life. The trouble is trying to justify it while looking at your bank account. :(

ehnriko
05-23-2005, 09:13 PM
That would be good advise for any large investment in life. The trouble is trying to justify it while looking at your bank account. :(

The parallels of two world.... Frugality and Vanity. I have a cheap Lamborghini (Replica) - it's not fiberglass (it's hand-made in steel). But I got it as scrap since the former owner died and it was neglected.

I can't spend for it right now, but I don't need to spend anything on it yet since I don't have any urgency to use it for the time being. Work and Family comes first and everything else comes later on.

My Lamborghini is everything else, so it just have to wait. But it doesnt hurt to have one sitting in your garage, it doesnt run but it looks awesome just sitting there. And I'm happy just like that.

hac1u9
05-24-2005, 12:33 PM
If you could find one that needed a ton of work you might be able to get one but you could never drive it because the repairs would be more expensive that you'd ever pay.

ehnriko
05-24-2005, 09:01 PM
If you could find one that needed a ton of work you might be able to get one but you could never drive it because the repairs would be more expensive that you'd ever pay.

That's true, unless you have other available cars to drive. I am driving a Toyota Tamaraw FX as my daily driver for office and work, I drive my Racing VW Beetle on weekends or whenever we have a Bug Run in the VW club, I sometimes drive My Austin Mini around our village - just for fun.

To have a car restored, (Body Repair and Repainted) is not that expensive in the Philippines. But the mechanical parts can be pricy.

Body repair plus painting will cost around P60,000 (Philippine Peso); I am thinking of putting a Renault 25TS engine and trans axle in it (conversion and custom fitting this engine will cost around (PhP60,000) also, more or less, including the second hand Engine. Aircondition will be around PhP20,000; Upholstery (PhP7,000); Brakes Reconditioning (PhP10,000); Wheels, Tires (this is another story)- Estimate build up time: about 6 months provided all materials and cash are available.

It's just like buying a used car. Instead of paying the whole sum - you're just paying on installment; per work basis. This type of vehicles should not be treated like an ordinary car. They are works of art! - How do you treat works of art?

Firstly, they are not really ergonomic, not practical, not comfortable - and lastly - Not Safe! They are merely show cars. Racing one is like insanity (it's putting 50% of your life at risk). Because of the Scissor type door issue.

The point is- the Countach is the best looking car ever. To appreciate one is common, to drive one is GReat! To have one is Divine. (Original or Replica) The Form Speaks!

Mstricke
08-06-2005, 11:19 AM
Hi,

do you know adress or email from this mr. 'balboni'?? I sold my countach to a guy named 'edone', he lived close to austin/texas and the car was belonging to armin johl until 1985. i try to figure out what happened to the car the last 20 years.

greetings from germany

michael

I'm sure that the factory identified this as a problem when the Countach was being developed. I read in the Osprey Autohistory book on the Countach that they'd considerd experimenting with explosive bolt-equipped door hinges!

I think i'm right in saying that the final design allowed the windscreen to be "kicked out" by the occupant(s) in the event that the car ended up on it's roof.

Best person to ask would be Mr Balboni: he rolled an LP400S, (i think belonging to Armin Johl, or his brother), just down the road from the factory: i believe he walked away unscathed...

Just a thought, but over here there is a big current fad amongst "modifiers" to fit "Lambo" doors to just about anything. I wonder if any of them have considered the exiting problems associated with the vertical doors? (Especially as said "modifier's" vehicles often end up on their respective rooves in fields/on roundabouts etc.)

-FROG-
08-08-2005, 10:54 AM
Hi,

do you know adress or email from this mr. 'balboni'?? I sold my countach to a guy named 'edone', he lived close to austin/texas and the car was belonging to armin johl until 1985. i try to figure out what happened to the car the last 20 years.

greetings from germany

michael

What does the Countach look like? Not many around Austin... There was a black /gold wheels running around.

Add your comment to this topic!