Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

radio reception?---------->

98civicex
01-30-2002, 05:11 PM
i have a 6th gen civic and the reception of my antenna is horrible. at first i thought it was the clarion deck, then i hooked up the factory deck again and the same thing. now i just bought the eclipse 7002 and the same thing happens again....no reception. my girl just bought a 2000 accord and she gets every station under the sun, so where i live does not matter. so my question is.......can i do anything to get more stations to come in or do i just put up with it. (which would suck :))
thx

sparq
01-30-2002, 05:43 PM
Try checking the connections for the antenna both behind the head unit, pull the antenna plug out from the back ~ does it feel solid or is the metal clip part loose? Do the same in the back... feel the connection... could be a crappy connection, or could be a crappy antenna...

98civicex
01-31-2002, 10:44 AM
thanx sparq.

i checked the connections and nothing seems to be loose or anything. i also checked the antenna for splices or something in the wires and nothing. maybe it is just a bad antenna. is it true i could put a fm booster on it? if not......can i possible replace the antenna fairly simple?
thanx again sparq

supershawn
02-04-2002, 10:50 AM
dont most of the newer hondas get crap reception because the antennae is not on the exterior and they're small?

98civicex
02-04-2002, 11:34 AM
well my antenna is on the exterior (right above the driver window) but even with the antenna fully extended, my radio searches and finds 1 station. i think i am going to get the fm booster and see if that helps at all.
l8r

nittanys1
02-04-2002, 10:40 PM
you might want to take it up to the dealer and have them take a look at it, see if it may be covered by warranty.

Add your comment to this topic!