Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Subaru Heads Upstream With Legacy & Outback

igor@af
07-19-2004, 12:58 PM
SUMMARY: <p class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN:0in 0in 0pt"><font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">Subarus have long been known for their rugged AWD wagons and WRC participation, but they’ve hardly been considered a luxury brand competing against the likes of Lexus and BMW. However, with the latest iterations of the Legacy and Outback models, Subaru hopes to make the climb up the socio-automotive class structure and be considered as a sort of Japanese equal to Audi, rather than just the choice you take when you want an AWD vehicle but can’t afford the German brand. </font></p>

View full article (http://www.automotivearticles.com/Subaru_Heads_Upstream_With_Legacy_and_Outback.shtm l)

What do you think about this story? Post your comments below.

Sam Subaru
12-25-2005, 03:07 PM
I agree with the writer of this story. In fact, I've come to the same conclussion myself. Subaru should be careful that they don't price themselves so high. Many of their current loyal following won't like paying more. As a new base model Outback owner -- $25,000 range -- it annoys me that the car didn't come with tinted windows. Subaru also did away with the weather channel feature on the radio. The car does ride very smoothly and I like it a lot.

How about an easy pass holder built into the car?

How about making a car that can more easily accept a Tom Tom or Garmin Navigation unit, and also satelite radio and plug in for Ipod.

One fellow Subaru purchaser (2005) commented that the car was as good as a BMW.

I don't like the new grille on the Tribeca that will soon influence Outbacks.

One problem with going more luxury is that most Subaru dealerships need massive upgrading to service this type of customer.

Karboodle
01-11-2011, 12:08 PM
I agree, they shouldn't try to go too far from what they are known for. Subaru's have a following, and the company should keep that in mind.

phillipshaw
06-06-2012, 09:28 AM
This thread is a little to old but still important to consider when buying new car. I must check the car that I plan to buy. Thank you for the information.

Add your comment to this topic!