Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

AutomotiveArticles.com Mission Statement

igor@af
07-19-2004, 12:41 PM
SUMMARY: AutomotiveArticles.com is the online publication of Automotive Network, Inc. (ANI).<span>&nbsp; </span>Since its inception, AutomotiveArticles.com was founded upon the simple goal of “informing the auto enthusiasts” with quality news reporting, previews and reviews of the latest vehicles, in-depth tech reports and news from the tuner industry, and cutting edge analysis of the automotive industry and its impact on the world.

View full article (http://www.automotivearticles.com/article_17.shtml)

What do you think about this story? Post your comments below.

rudyhiebert
07-20-2004, 06:43 PM
Your mission statement is a breath of fresh air amongst those venues that boast similiar claims. I grab words like "entertain" and "informing" that make it a welcoming envionment.
May I suggest and challenge you address the topic of and the application of synthetic lubricants and related superior oil & air filters that the company that I'm associated with, namely Amsoil Inc. These synthetics are sought after and well known by users of all stripes and applications. I do not suggest that you entertain a "yes, they do - do they don't" arguments, but stick to real results from real people. Thanks for your time,
RH

Dezoris
07-26-2004, 11:39 PM
Your mission statement is a breath of fresh air amongst those venues that boast similiar claims. I grab words like "entertain" and "informing" that make it a welcoming envionment.
May I suggest and challenge you address the topic of and the application of synthetic lubricants and related superior oil & air filters that the company that I'm associated with, namely Amsoil Inc. These synthetics are sought after and well known by users of all stripes and applications. I do not suggest that you entertain a "yes, they do - do they don't" arguments, but stick to real results from real people. Thanks for your time,
RH

I think a fluids and maintenance article is in order. There are enough articles out there comparing virgin and used oil samples from labs, comparing content and additives.

The one consistant thing about all of these articles and opinions on every site is that every application, is different. Be it a 350Z, Datsun, Taurus, or S2000, every car seems to function differently on different oils.

I think what the readers need is not a large expletive on TBNs and virgin oil analysis etc, rather an article covering what is important, in fluids and why.

What I get when trying to discuss fluid changes is crossed eyes when getting technical.

I can give you 3 reasons why average people have hard time adopting new fluid and oils.

1.Pricing
2.Store Availbilty
3.Lack of physical proof

It's easy to combat those all, by saying that it can be bought online, for discount prices, and here is an article as to why this oil is better.

This is easier to do with filters, but in todays world of oil choices, it is going to be hard to tell John Public Mobil1 is not the best oil on the shelf.

Even if you convince him generally what else on the shelf is better?
Not only that opinion is so deep on the issue, even if you provide them an oil analysis of their engine oil and it shows it should be good for 6500 miles, most of these guys will change it at 3000 miles. Another thing is most of the people I talk too really hate spending 4 bucks for an OTS sythetic.

When I mention I spend 5-10 bucks per quart per oil change they think I am crazy.

As far as Amsoil, your company has done a tremendous job on marketing and providing technical information all over the net, in fact it is becoming well known your oils are some of the best, and I have seen proof. However case and point I use 10w30 Redline in my car because of the Moly content. I am sure that is laughable, however just another angle to look at.

This is a tough subject to write about, for subjective reasons and objective reasons. But I think an informative and light hearted article is in order. Any input on your experience would be appreciated.

rudyhiebert
10-07-2008, 10:37 AM
I think a fluids and maintenance article is in order. There are enough articles out there comparing virgin and used oil samples from labs, comparing content and additives....
This is a tough subject to write about, for subjective reasons and objective reasons. But I think an informative and light hearted article is in order. Any input on your experience would be appreciated.

If you have a chance to get a hold of or see the magazine, I think it's called "Lubes 'n Greases", you find it a great resource on this topic.

Add your comment to this topic!