Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

making it interesting, lol

newbie86N/A
07-19-2004, 12:17 AM
alright yall i'm new to the forum and i'm excited to see what i can learn here..but i have come fo find out that it takes a lot longer than i thought to get posts up on a thread, so i am going to do this.... so i can get to know my fellow AF peeps and become a more involved member. tell me what the first thing that went wrong with your car was..and how u went about fixing it. i know it's corny, but when ur bored as shit..it seems okay, haha

-jason

Soyo
07-19-2004, 12:55 AM
hrm... alright whatever

the first and only thing to go wrong with my RX-7 in the 9 months I've owned it is the clutch, it went out like 2 months after I bought it, I upgraded to a stage 1 and I had a shop put it in cuz I had no garage to use and it was like 30 or less outside everyday... oh and a guy I know did it for half price, that was the deciding factor :)

newbie86N/A
07-19-2004, 01:20 AM
lol, thanks for being cool about this Soyo..... come on yall!!

MBTN
07-19-2004, 02:25 AM
Only problem I had was I flooded it. Stalled getting out the driveway and it wasn't fully warmed. Pulled the fuse and cranked for 20 seconds. Fired up right away after that. :)

DevoutWankelist
07-19-2004, 02:28 AM
Clutch! then. . . motor :disappoin

Soyo
07-19-2004, 02:30 AM
hey mbtn do you know exactly what fuse it is? it might be a good thing to know for future reference just incase

newbie86N/A
07-19-2004, 02:55 AM
DW wow man that's a bummer! i hope everything goes okay with mine...i'm really worried. with all the research i've done, and all the things i've read through these threads. worried and nervous lol.

DevoutWankelist
07-19-2004, 03:43 AM
DW wow man that's a bummer!

Nahhh, It was very considerate of the car, It knew that I needed a better reason than "because I want to" to take it all apart, and then it gave it to me! :grinno:

flex339
07-19-2004, 04:39 AM
the first and only thing to go wrong with my RX-7 in the 9 months I've owned it is the clutch, it went out like 2 months after I bought it, I upgraded to a stage 1 and I had a shop put it in cuz I had no garage to use and it was like 30 or less outside everyday... oh and a guy I know did it for half price, that was the deciding factor :)

I remember hearing about that adventure. :rolleyes:

Well the syncro is currently trying to go out in my car. The aftermarket shiftknob I got came off yesterday, and my right FTP lense fell out while autocrossing. I like the look though so I left it off. That's about it so far. The crate motor has about 75K on it and runs strong.

Oh and my automatic seatbelts, clock, and heater vent controls don't work, but they are pretty common problems.

MBTN
07-19-2004, 09:13 AM
EGI fuse under the hood located near the battery.

newbie86N/A
07-19-2004, 01:05 PM
thanks to all that have already posted!!! but keep them coming i know that's not all of us!

Soyo
07-19-2004, 03:26 PM
I remember hearing about that adventure. :rolleyes:

haha yea that was awhile back, but its working good now so the month long process was worth it in the end I guess.

my driver side auto seatbelt hasn't worked since I bought it but its a factory recall so it can be fixed for free at the mazda dealership with the right papers, but I like it how it is so I'm leaving it for now.

also my wipers only work in 1 setting.

both of those are pretty normal though

J-Rat
07-19-2004, 03:29 PM
Lets see... Flooded, then the plastic tank on the stock radiator exploded...

rockermandaryl
07-19-2004, 11:47 PM
ok guys i have a stupied question for a clutch do you have to go stage 1 then stage 2 so on and so on or can you just get a stage 2 with out the stage 1 you can IM Me at Rockermandaryl1 that is for AIM or for msn rockermandaryl@hotmail.com or e-mail me to the same address

D3rELiC
07-20-2004, 12:00 AM
first thing that went wrong was something that went wrong 5-6 years ago
the fuel lines/fuel pump, i dont know yet. i'll check this out tomorow, and i'll buy some hose to do tests.

then the fucking 74-75 oil pan did not fit with my steering line..
cost me 150$ for a gasket and a gsl-se pan :screwy:
im gonna instal it tomorow, and hopefully, make the engine run by the end of the week.

ShortyDTP
07-20-2004, 12:39 AM
My Plastic Radiator exploded too!! a while ago.
Remplace fuel pump, and the shocks got shot on me.
that's abou it.

Gibbsy_au
07-21-2004, 07:12 AM
well in the 6 months ive had my S2 RX7 13B extend port the following has gone wrong...

Part of the ignition went....replaced under warranty
INterior light doesnt work
Fuel cap latch doesnt work
Radio doesnt work (good excuse to put a real sound system in)
Power mirror switch broke (replaced under warranty)
Power window switch broke (replaced under warranty)
One of the windo washers stopped working (drivers side unfortunately) but its covered under warranty

edit ( oh and the idle dropped off to about 200 revs, made the car a barstard to drive, was due to some lever that wasnt doing its job properly...fixed under warranty.)

Well i know its a lot of stuff but for a 23 year old car ive gotta kinda expect electrical problems i suppose...and ive still got 18 months of warranty for all the mechanical bits and pieces :)

kevinorhoades
07-21-2004, 06:48 PM
Brake light switch got stuck and it drove me crazy because I thought I had messed up something with the electrical, but I hadn't. Just opened it up and unstuck it.

Soyo
07-22-2004, 12:10 AM
hmm... my brake light is almost always on... it turns off occasionally... what'd you do to fix yours exactly?

Add your comment to this topic!