Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

:: Urgent Need help ::

DesiJ30
07-18-2004, 07:20 PM
Ok guys. Something really wierd happened to me today. PLEASE HELP.

Today, I was driving my 94 J30 (104K miles) in the city. I pressed the brake to back up to park and suddenly Check Engine light comes on and the car seriously starts to rattle. Quickly, I moved the car forward again and it seemed ok. But again when I tried to stop at red light, same thing happens, except this time I also see smoke. This time I turned off the engine and start again (while at the red light) and the car's back to normal. Third time it happened when I put the car in reverse to park in front of my home.

Then I bring my friend who knows a little about cars to show him the problem after 1/2 an hour. Before starting the car, he open the lid and pressed down all the wires around engine. The he checked engine oil level; It was good. I had the oil change about 90miles ago.

Then we started the car and checked transmission oil as well. That was good too. Oh and BTW, I had the transmission oil changed only two days ago.

But after the transmission oil change, I drove back which is a 40minutes ride at least. Then I took the car out yesterday and drove for appx. 30min total. I felt nothing different during that time.

Anyways, I drove the car again with my friend to see if the problem comes back, but nothing. I stopped while driving several times but nothing. It's as if nothing had happenedCould it be some sort of sensor???

Add your comment to this topic!