Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Help!!!

Johnnyisking
07-18-2004, 01:04 PM
i recently replaced my spark plugs with bosch platinum plugs and i gapped them to .4, replaced my drive belt, and changed my oil

now my truck idles a little more rought, and at speeeds 40-50 mph it shakes sometimes, when i power through 40-50 with higher rpms it doesnt shake. and at that speed when i lay off the gas it doesnt shake, help?

jg69s
07-19-2004, 10:03 AM
check the dist and rotor.

BleedDodge
07-19-2004, 06:17 PM
You should buy plugs that are pre-gapped.

Did you move the locations of any of the wires? If you don't use the same wire routing, that will mess things up considerably. If you move or replace one wire, you put the new one back exactly where the other one was, or you'll have problems. I think it has something to do with the amount of metal present in the wires or something, it's something scientific that I don't understand...

RexNfx400
07-20-2004, 11:19 PM
I have installed platnium plugs in some cars and they run as you describe. And have taken them out of other cars too. Unless these plugs are specifically required by OEM, don't use them. Parts houses should know better than this. Run the stock Champions and you should be happy...

Just because they cost more don't make them better.

fredjacksonsan
07-21-2004, 08:49 AM
Bleed's right about the wires, too. Sometimes you'll get a cross feed from one wire to the other. Might want to check your wires, make sure they're in good condition, and reroute them, especially if they're crossed.

Add your comment to this topic!