Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

sponsership

Pages : [1] 2

$JG Money$
07-17-2004, 06:12 AM
Ive seen alot of ppl sponsered by various places around my area (vancouver BC) and i have no clue how to get sponsered or the advantage's of being sponsered can som1 plz explain... thx

crazy_canuck
07-17-2004, 07:09 AM
You go to the company/shop, say you wanna be sponsored and why. If you have a good show car and show proof that you display their banners and stickers and parts at numerous car shows, you'll get their parts or services at cost, cheaper than at cost, or free.

lilslim
07-17-2004, 12:29 PM
There are a couple of ways to get sponsered. One way is you can call a company up, and ask them to sponser you, or you can get noticed somewhere. If you get sponsered you get cheap parts from the company.

crazy_canuck
07-18-2004, 06:09 PM
Yeah, but you'll need a very good car usually.

Try and see if AJR or something is willing to do some sponsoring:)

cartoys21
07-18-2004, 09:32 PM
So wait, by "very good car" do you mean that you already have to have modded a lot of stuff? Because that kind of seems like negating the point of getting sponsored to me, if you've already done everything yourself.

I don't really understand how sponsorships work though so don't think I'm trying to question you, lol.

lilslim
07-18-2004, 10:01 PM
Yea, you do need a good car to get spondered. If you had a Supra TT, or RX7 it would be very easy to get sponsered, stock or not. If you have an RSX, then yes you would have to have a NICLY done car. If it has crappy parts, then usually nobody would sponser it. Companys dont want to sponser a car that makes them look bad, which is why they ask what you have done to it.

cartoys21
07-19-2004, 12:50 AM
oh okay, i see. thanks. :)

crazy_canuck
07-19-2004, 08:07 AM
Whoa, slim got banned.

And if your car has crappy products, APC will sponsor it:D

And by good car I mean that if you have tons of exterior mods, you might be able to get a sponsorship on the sound system or engine or interior and vice-versa.

cartoys21
07-19-2004, 01:44 PM
Ah, that definitely makes sense. 'Cause I was gonna say, what's the point of getting a sound sponsorship if you've already upgraded all your audio?

Thanks for the clarification and anybody got any idea why slim got banned?

mmont0
07-19-2004, 02:37 PM
Looks like he was advertising on the eclipse board and used some nasty language towards the moderator.

Apparently you can't advertise companies and such on this forum. I'll keep that in mind next time I keep talking about Crutchfield. Of course I don't work for them, but I am unsure as to how it works around here.

crazy_canuck
07-19-2004, 04:22 PM
I think its pretty much don't advertise unless you pay for it and become a sponsor of the site.

igor@af
07-19-2004, 04:26 PM
Topics regarding companies are certainly fine so long as they are informative and come from a 3rd party that is not affiliated with the company in question. Self-promotion however, is prohibited. :)

RSX-S777
07-19-2004, 05:03 PM
He was a billboard...

lilslim2
07-19-2004, 08:14 PM
Theres ALWAYS a way around the system! Yea its me lilslim, and I did get banned for cursing out the moderator. I did it because I wasnt the only person advertising, and he only blamed me. So, I got pissed. Oh, and yes I am a billboard!

RSX-S777
07-19-2004, 08:16 PM
By the way- getting banned and then registering under a different name and THEN telling everyone that you were just banned usually ends in a banning....

lilslim2
07-19-2004, 08:20 PM
True, but I got banned at the Eclipse part, not the RSX part. So, maybe that guy wont see me here. But I will admit I took the advertising thing way too far. Later on I wont do it nearly as much because that makes me look like I have no life. lol

GTR...GTR...GTR
07-19-2004, 09:14 PM
True, but I got banned at the Eclipse part, not the RSX part. So, maybe that guy wont see me here. But I will admit I took the advertising thing way too far. Later on I wont do it nearly as much because that makes me look like I have no life. lol
Dude, you're an idiot. Look earlier in this thread and you'll see

lilslim
Banned

And then, later you post as Lilslim2 thinking noone will notice? :banghead: :screwy:

And I don't think there will be a later-on if you keep saying you were banned and came back.

lilslim2
07-20-2004, 09:41 AM
GTR....GTR...GTR, like I said, I wont advertise anymore, like I use to. So, pretty much they got nothing on me cause I didnt do anything yet, and even if I do get banned, I will come back as some other person.

mmont0
07-20-2004, 02:32 PM
So what will happen if you get banned and come back as lilslim3? I think you should choose another name if you come back on the forums.

GTR's signature line looks a bit like advertising. Hmmm. Funny how things work around here. :rolleyes:

GTR...GTR...GTR
07-20-2004, 02:34 PM
Yes it does look like that. BUT, I'm not running around yelling "Hey everyone!!! Look at what I'm selling!!! Yippeeeee!!!"

mmont0
07-20-2004, 02:42 PM
So advertising within your post is OK, I guess? :confused: Especially when it's bold faced and red so it stands out like crazy. That's not a form of self promotion? :rolleyes:

BTW, looks like lilslim2 got banned! And what's up with the slow server lately?

RSX-S777
07-20-2004, 03:32 PM
The mods are not stupid, and to be as blatant as he was (even after Igor himself was notified) is simply retarded. I can guarantee if he comes back again, he'll get banned again...

cartoys21
07-20-2004, 04:30 PM
I wasn't able to post all day yesterday because I kept getting the "server busy" notice. What's the deal?

GTR...GTR...GTR
07-20-2004, 05:20 PM
it's cus the server must have been under a heavy load. It's been happening to me for a week or so now. It comes and goes.

RSX-S777
07-20-2004, 06:20 PM
Definitely time for a new server...

crazy_canuck
07-20-2004, 07:40 PM
Who cares if he stops advertising. Multiple accounts = ban and a ban isn't so that you create another account but for you to keep your crap off the site.

lilcrazyslim
07-20-2004, 07:49 PM
I never understood your problem with lilslim crazy canuck. Anyone know how to get a pic on the avaitor?

RSX-S777
07-20-2004, 08:05 PM
Ask a moderator. Better yet, ask Igor.

GTR...GTR...GTR
07-20-2004, 08:40 PM
Definitely time for a new server...
:iagree:

I never understood your problem with lilslim crazy canuck. Anyone know how to get a pic on the avaitor?

I can't understand how you think noone is going to know it's you again.

"What was your problem with lilslim???" :rofl:
:loser: :banhim:

Mods: ban his IP

crazy_canuck
07-20-2004, 09:00 PM
My problem with lilslim was that he was a douchebag. Although lilslim is long gone and there isn't anyone who knows or his him who'll see this so I can say that he likes little boys. :p

GTR...GTR...GTR
07-20-2004, 09:02 PM
:rofl: :rofl:

lilcrazyslim
07-20-2004, 09:37 PM
I figured ya would know it was me,. If I didnt want anyone to know, then I would have obviously changed to something a lot different. Damn I never meant for people to laugh and talk shit about me.:( I am very sorry for offending ya in any way. :sorry:

mmont0
07-21-2004, 08:42 AM
I wonder what name he'll use next. Funny guy, though! :iceslolan

GTR...GTR...GTR
07-21-2004, 01:24 PM
banned! again! rofl

crazy_canuck
07-21-2004, 03:39 PM
How dare he use crazy in his username.

Methinks his next username is gonna be "lilboyhumperslim"

400:)

RSX-S777
07-21-2004, 03:41 PM
See- the problem with people like LilSlim is that people spend more time discussing his disruptive bullshit than they do the topic under which he's posting. So let's get over his being banned and move on...

jcsaleen
07-22-2004, 11:15 PM

400:)

Umm sorry :disappoin NO!!!

2nd he wasnt promoting self sponsorship he was telling how to get it. If anything he should get +1 for it consider hes the only 1 who actaully answered the mans question!. That had more relavence to the topic then any other post here.

crazy_canuck
07-23-2004, 04:59 PM
Way to barge in and act like you actually know something.

He wasn't banned for his actions in this thread - in every one of his other posts he advertised a friend's shop, and he insulted a mod. Look at mmont0's post.

And I put just as much info as he did.

jcsaleen
07-23-2004, 05:13 PM
Way to barge in and act like you actually know something.

He wasn't banned for his actions in this thread - in every one of his other posts he advertised a friend's shop, and he insulted a mod. Look at mmont0's post.

And I put just as much info as he did.

he's just tryn to help people out. Well the whole advertising thing seems kinda B.s cause he's jus tryin to give people references. Technically he's not Selling anything online. If you consider that advertising then I guess I am advertising dor Acura/honda when I saw that my uncle works for them and can get free autographs from all the bar honda drivers. Is that advertising?????

crazy_canuck
07-23-2004, 06:03 PM
You don't understand these forums and many others on the internet, now do you?

First of all, the reference (notice how its singular and not plural) sucked, and he'd only post in threads that contained parts sold by that site. He admitted to advertising. And that violates the policy of the club, just posting links because you have a special interest in it. And there are companies who pay to have their links on this site, how would they feel?

What you're talking about isn't advertising as it isn't selling parts and no one makes money off of it.

crazy_canuck
07-23-2004, 06:06 PM
Just look at igor's post in this thread. If you really think he was trying to be helpful good luck to you.....

RSX-S777
07-23-2004, 06:28 PM
It's very simple jcsaleen. He advertised, was advised against it and subsequently flamed a moderator. He was banned by said moderator. He continued to log into AF under various names causing FURTHER trouble for the moderators. Now here YOU are on the case with no coherent knowledge of the facts...

Is there anything you would care to add? The mods are here for a reason and the rules are very clear. Both exist to keep order and make the forums more enjoyable for everyone. If you have a problem, it is not with us (the members). Feel free to submit a complaint to a moderator or administrator.

EvoCrazy
07-23-2004, 07:11 PM
Yea, but talken shit behind peoples backs like pussys is ok right? And damn since when was everyone here so anal about the rules.

jcsaleen
07-23-2004, 07:43 PM
It's very simple jcsaleen. He advertised, was advised against it and subsequently flamed a moderator. He was banned by said moderator. He continued to log into AF under various names causing FURTHER trouble for the moderators. Now here YOU are on the case with no coherent knowledge of the facts...

Is there anything you would care to add? The mods are here for a reason and the rules are very clear. Both exist to keep order and make the forums more enjoyable for everyone. If you have a problem, it is not with us (the members). Feel free to submit a complaint to a moderator or administrator.

I'AM VERY COHERENT OF THE FACTS!! DONT TELL ME THAT!! I was here when he first joined. I know all about the facts and the bs. but was this the last straw that well shouldn't have been picked and put on the camels back this was a bs excuse for banning if its a ten day ok I can understand but perment is rediculous. NO one should be banned for life unless he/she is personally attacking people here Like somehorrific posts i've seen. For ex ~ http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=150839
or this http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=150857 is something to be permently banned about

jcsaleen
07-23-2004, 08:00 PM
And the worst post ive ever seen this ~ http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=151552

That is something to be bannd for!! Not tryin to help friends!

GTR...GTR...GTR
07-23-2004, 08:17 PM
Yea, but talken shit behind peoples backs like pussys is ok right? And damn since when was everyone here so anal about the rules.
Hi lilslim! Not using that sig pic anymore would be a good idea.

RSX-S777
07-24-2004, 06:15 AM
I'AM VERY COHERENT OF THE FACTS!! DONT TELL ME THAT!! I was here when he first joined. I know all about the facts and the bs. but was this the last straw that well shouldn't have been picked and put on the camels back this was a bs excuse for banning if its a ten day ok I can understand but perment is rediculous. NO one should be banned for life unless he/she is personally attacking people here Like somehorrific posts i've seen.

You're preaching to the choir. We don't make OR enforce the rules. What would you like us to do dude?

crazy_canuck
07-24-2004, 07:42 AM
YOU ARE COHERENT OF NOTHING!

a) If there were no rules this site and every other place without rules would be a big lump of crap.
b) He wasn't banned only because of his insulting a moderator. He was banned because: 1) Almost everyone of his posts was just whoring himself for RPMMotoring 2) He kept on creating accounts, the other reasons were just more fuel to the fire.
c) Banned for life? Its not like he's banned from a hospital or something its a website.
d) Where's the bs? You're saying an administrator and a few mods are full of bullshit? Smooth.

If he's allowed to slip by then why have rules at all. Also, HE WASN'T BANNED ONLY FOR THE FEW POSTS THAT YOU SAW.

lilslim - Quiet, you.

EvoCrazy
07-24-2004, 08:58 AM
Get a life, quik! :swear: :screwy:

crazy_canuck
07-24-2004, 10:20 AM
Again, quiet, you.

jcsaleen
07-24-2004, 10:49 AM
You're preaching to the choir. We don't make OR enforce the rules. What would you like us to do dude?

I would like you to stop bashin him!! Thats like talkin shit behind some1's back!!!

jcsaleen
07-24-2004, 10:51 AM
Now can every1 stop bickerin!! please back to the actual subject.

crazy_canuck
07-24-2004, 12:01 PM
If he doesn't want to get bashed he should just stop rejoining.

And if you really wanna get back on subject, why did you bump the thread up to talk about this instead of letting it die or contributing? The question was already answered.

jcsaleen
07-24-2004, 12:03 PM
[/QUOTE]Originally Posted by crazy_canuck

400:) ...[/QUOTE]

I believe this was were I jumped in that definetly seem to be relavent to the topic...

crazy_canuck
07-24-2004, 12:52 PM
Holy crap.

If you just left it alone it would've died. Two days after the last post you came in and posted, and then you made really incorrect statements (calling it all bs, etc.). And he is seeing this, he keeps on creating accounts.

And you're calling me out on not contributing, but what have you contributed except for calling the admins decision BS? N-O-T-H-I-N-G! At least I actually posted first and gave info.

Sheesh.

crazy_canuck
07-24-2004, 12:55 PM
Oh yeah, I forgot to add. There's no mods/admins who are active and viewing this thread, and you said they made a bullshit decision. Isn't that talking behind their back AND not contributing?

jcsaleen
07-24-2004, 01:08 PM
Oh yeah, I forgot to add. There's no mods/admins who are active and viewing this thread, and you said they made a bullshit decision. Isn't that talking behind their back AND not contributing?

Igor see's this are you kidding me. Man you are a joke. Im defending some1 who is being bashed by so many peopke is that wrong. He's not a bad person and your bashing him so how am I wrong??

RSX-S777
07-24-2004, 01:53 PM
You can defend him all you like. The admin. and mods made a decision. They are right, he is wrong. Besides, nobody's talking behind his back because he's technically been here all along, what with constantly rejoining under different aliases. I havent said anything I wouldn't say to him directly, either. Now can we let this die, please, it's getting fucking boring...

crazy_canuck
07-24-2004, 02:16 PM
Igor can't possibly view every post on a site this big.

And here. Igor, if you're reading this can you prove him wrong? Thank you.

And the post above says it all.

GTR...GTR...GTR
07-24-2004, 02:32 PM
mods, please close this thread.

Add your comment to this topic!