Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Questions

Kurt3411
07-16-2004, 06:40 PM
I am interested in buying an RX-7 but have a few questions first.

1.) Is it hard to find mechanics to work on the rotary engine?
2.) I am 6'4, would I be able to fit behind the wheel?
3.) What kind of price am I looking at for a 93-96 stock RX-7 with under 70,000 miles?
4.) I'm a 17 year old guy, will the insurance rates be affordable?

joemc
07-16-2004, 09:52 PM
I am interested in buying an RX-7 but have a few questions first.

1.) Is it hard to find mechanics to work on the rotary engine?
2.) I am 6'4, would I be able to fit behind the wheel?
3.) What kind of price am I looking at for a 93-96 stock RX-7 with under 70,000 miles?
4.) I'm a 17 year old guy, will the insurance rates be affordable?

All of these questions i have read the answer two on the first page of threads, so searching isnt even necissary, just scroll up and down a little bit, except the 6'4 thing, but a search for "car interior dimension mazda rx7" on google and click the first link... you find a metric listing of all that crap, if you scroll down a little more there might be an american sight but just measure yourself in mm and you will be fine

Soyo
07-17-2004, 02:54 AM
I'm 6'3 and I fit in my FC just fine, and I could probably figure out a way to move the seat back 2-3 in. if it was a must, but unless your like 6'6 I think you'd fit fine

the only thing is that if you ever plan to autox, you'll have to lean your seat back a bit to fit a helmet in there, I think Flex is the one that said something about that in a previous thread awhile back.

if your 17 you don't want an FD, they aren't worth what you have to pay for them, you can buy a FC TII and throw on a full exhaust and be just as fast as an FD, be more reliable, and save like 6 grand

but if you must have an FD your looking at

9-10 for a crappy one with the engine about to pop(sometimes 7-8 if your lucky)

12-13 for a pretty nice one

15+ for anything with a rebuilt engine or mods

SOIA
07-17-2004, 03:49 AM
It's easy to find a mechanic to work on them, but the question is do you really trust them? Most mecahnics used to piston engines will work on them, but they'll probably try to sell you a head gasket and some new valve covers, so make sure whomever you take it to has rotary experience

flex339
07-17-2004, 08:30 PM
hehe yeah with the helmet on you could say it's a snug fit. BTW I'm 6'2 and the car is bad ass when it comes to autocrossing.

Add your comment to this topic!