Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Bad wally world

blueboost
07-16-2004, 05:06 PM
went to wally world today to pick up some DVDR's, and of course I'm finding myself in the modeling section before I even go get what I came for.

Even though they really only stock AMT/Ertl, it's nice to see a healthy modeling selection. I'd visit the hobby shop more often but I can't go browse the hobby shop and walk out with two models for $15-$16.

So anyways, I am always lookin for the AMT Yenko Camaro and I Was so suprised they FINALLY had one in stock! I also got the '88 Ford Mustang for $5.99!! I'll figure out a way to have some fun with both of em. Since they're supposedly crappy kits, I'm not going to build em to be show stoppers. I just can't wait to go crazy on those engine bays (you hear that Tamiya? Yes.. ENGINE DETAIL IN A $6 KIT!!!!)

I also can't wait as the S14 is done and photographed. All I'm waiting for now is my buddy to send me the pics back on a CDR.

that is all. :evillol:

tonioseven
07-16-2004, 05:50 PM
Coolness. The Yenko is one of Revell's best kits. I'm currently planning the 2F2F Yenko.:) That mustang ain't half bad but it sits up higher than a Palero!!:lol:

ZoomZoomMX-5
07-16-2004, 07:10 PM
Coolness. The Yenko is one of Revell's best kits. I'm currently planning the 2F2F Yenko.:) That mustang ain't half bad but it sits up higher than a Palero!!:lol:

Revell's Yenko is the bomb, AMT's is every bit as bad as Revell's is good.

The Mustang isn't bad if you can combine it w/Revell-Monogram parts...the chrome headlights really suck. Has there ever been an AMT kit that didn't sit too high?! :icon16: :rolleyes:

blueboost
07-17-2004, 12:13 PM

yeah I picked up the 2F2F AMT Yenko :( unfortunately it wasn't the revell) and I plan for a nice gloss black, w/ white Yenko markings, nothing big. I'm really not expecting much from these kits, just some fun -no stressing the small stuff. After going crazy over every tiny detail on my last model, Im really looking forward to just throwing one together! :icon16:

How do you guys suggest I attack the ride height on the 5.0?? Any easy way? :evillol:

GvEman
07-17-2004, 01:34 PM
nice... i found a photho etched parts set for the camaro it had yenkoemblems rally sport emblems and all... i realy want that detail set.... i do not remember where i found it....

blueboost
07-17-2004, 01:48 PM
nice... i found a photho etched parts set for the camaro it had yenkoemblems rally sport emblems and all... i realy want that detail set.... i do not remember where i found it....

if you find em again, post em. I'd like to see them too :iceslolan

Add your comment to this topic!