Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Damn Cliosport Cup Car!!!

Gonthrax
01-29-2002, 10:33 PM
I've run the Super Speedway Enduro 3 times now and it has ripped me off and given me the friggin ClioSport cup car every time! All I want is the F1 car or the Falcon :(

Morpheus XIII
02-04-2002, 07:30 AM
Someone needs to shoot the guy who thought of the random cars.

Moppie
02-06-2002, 08:34 PM
Originally posted by Morpheus XIII
Someone needs to shoot the guy who thought of the random cars.

He need to be shot four times in random parts of the body. Both knee caps, the chest, or the head. He can either die slowly or suffer through 3 crap shots before getting the good one to the head.

Gonthrax you sound like you need the Escudo with 1800hp and Autodrive. i.e. 2 rubber bands on the controler so it runs around the wall and wins the race in about 50mins while you run off and do other things. :D

Gonthrax
02-07-2002, 02:23 AM
Originally posted by Moppie

Gonthrax you sound like you need the Escudo with 1800hp and Autodrive. i.e. 2 rubber bands on the controler so it runs around the wall and wins the race in about 50mins while you run off and do other things. :D

Ahh yes, 1843Hp, and I've made it work with one rubber band, and a pack of bubble gum inserted between the analog sticks so it steers a tiny bit to the right so I won't bounce off the walls and get stuck or go into pit lane:D

NSX
02-07-2002, 08:31 AM
Originally posted by Gonthrax

Ahh yes, 1843Hp, and I've made it work with one rubber band, and a pack of bubble gum inserted between the analog sticks so it steers a tiny bit to the right so I won't bounce off the walls and get stuck or go into pit lane:D

hahaa
i've read about that..it actually works?

Gonthrax
02-07-2002, 12:50 PM
Yea man, you just gotta fiddle with it at first to find out what works. Here's the deal, set your accelerator to the right analog stick pushed to the right. then turn off your dual shock function or your spacer will fall out. Then turn on automatic. Just wrap the rubber band around the right stick and pull it right and wrap the rubber band around the right grip of the controler, then pull it back over and put it on the left analog stick. Stick the spacer inbetween the two sticks so your just stearing a tiny bit to the right. Watch it for a few laps to make sure you don't spin out or go into the pit. you should lap all the other cars like 11 or 12 times.

JE123
02-07-2002, 01:07 PM
It took me about six tries before I got an F1.

Gonthrax
02-08-2002, 01:08 AM
Originally posted by JE123
It took me about six tries before I got an F1.

Yea, it took me a few, now I get one every two or three races. It seems I get the Clio Sport in spurts, like twice in a row and then I won't get it for a while.

Morpheus XIII
02-12-2002, 05:32 PM
It's pretty easy with the Escudo, but the first time I tried this, I hadn't won the Escudo yet from the rally courses, and I really wanted the F1, so I tried it with a maxed R34 GT-R Vspec II. Being that the Skyline isn't as fast as the Escudo, the computer cars would keep catching up every time after they took to the pits since they would have way fresher tires. In any case I turned the TV off and let fate decide. After I turned it back on, I was happy to see that I had won, but when I looked at the race times, I noticed that the second place car was only 0.005 seconds behind me! ...or should I say alongside me! Man that was the closest race I've never raced. :cool:

djAkira36
05-02-2002, 08:46 AM
If you want to win the car you want, when the random car screen shows up, youll notice the black cirlces that randomly appear on each car, you got to get the timing right, but if you hold the X button when the black circle appears under the desired car, you while get that car....

And if you want to get the fastest of all the F1/CART cars, race in the Polyphony Digital Cup series on the Professional league (10 races, 20 laps per race) Its also limited to STOCK cars, no tuning whatsoever!! with the exception of tires, the best car to use is the Ruf CTR2 w/ racing super slick tires..

you only need to win atleast 7 of the races so long as you save the game before the last race. you can get either the F0/094(the fastest) or the TVR Speed 12, or even both if you have 2 mem cards...Hope the info helps...Later..

Morpheus XIII
05-03-2002, 05:09 AM
Originally posted by djAkira36
If you want to win the car you want, when the random car screen shows up, youll notice the black cirlces that randomly appear on each car, you got to get the timing right, but if you hold the X button when the black circle appears under the desired car, you while get that car....

This DOES NOT WORK. Not to impune on your methods, but major publication magazines formally declared that this does NOT work. Many people said this works, and I tried this much in the way as you did and it actually worked about 4 or 5 times, and then it stopped working. I tried it about 20 times afterwards and it continued to be the wrong car. It was simply random luck (and 1 out of 4 is not a really difficult odd to get right by chance). Hell, if there truly was a surefire way, I'm sure everyone would already know about it. After all, the programmers themselves release specific codes on most occasions (and they say these codes are for bug testing, rather than for user tips).

Damn these random cars--this is something GT4 definately does not need.

crxlvr
05-03-2002, 09:29 PM
ive done that hit X on the car you want and it worked every time, altho half the time i couldnt tell what the car was b4 i picked it, but from my experience, to do this right, you have to hit X on the first go around with the black dot.

GT4 better be on ps2, i aint buying another system.

Morpheus XIII
05-06-2002, 05:13 AM
Well it's your freedom to believe what you want, but here is some information from another site:

This specific GT3 thread from GT3 Vault (http://www.gtvault.com/HPCommentsView.cfm?HomePostID=28) discusses the usability of the "X button approach". As you can see, it works for some and not others. With a 1 in 4 chance, it's mathematically POSSIBLE to allow a simple coincidence. I have never met a code that only works some of the time. The X button trick cannot possibly be a part-time code, and most of these people have probably been sitting there testing and reloading the save file on the last race of the series. But that's the word of half the world's gamers against the other. You decide.

GT3FrEaK
06-30-2003, 09:01 PM
Keep one of the ClioSports cars you need it for the Clio Cup in the Professional Leauge. :bigthumb:

slyguy
05-20-2004, 09:18 AM
I don't know 'bout y'alls, but I think the clio is one of the coolest cars in the game. Has NE1 else noticed how LOW that thing gets?! BTW, first time I did the s.s. enduro, I got the C5R.:ylsuper:

Add your comment to this topic!