Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

what problem to look for on 4x4

Miata Master
07-15-2004, 06:23 PM
Just sold my miata damn I loved that car *sigh*

I need a functional vehicle i.e. pickup
I need a fuel efficient vehicle i.e. not v-8
I NEED a fun vehicle i.e. 4x4
equals a yota 4x4.

I was just wondering of problem to specifically look for in yota 4x4.
tryed to search it but could gat a good hit. If this is already a thread link me please. otherwise please tell me problems you know of years they happend on 4 or 6 banger. thanks

looking forward to joining the yota club. this way me and my bro can go off road together. he has a yj. thanks again

92yota
07-15-2004, 09:37 PM
toyota's are really reliable..Just about every car/truck my family owns is a toyota the other car/truck we have is my brothers 240 and his nissan pickup,my moms mercedes,and my 240.But its a family thing we all got it from my dad.He told me if i ever get a car/truck go with toyota and i havent had any problems on any of mine my dad has a 93 4x4 with 462,XXX miles and its still goin he hasnt had any problems but as for me i had to redo my head at 200000 miles but other than that hey it runs like a champ no complaints

CougKid3030
07-16-2004, 01:32 AM
I've got an 86 Pick-Up with a four banger... and for as awful as I treat the truck It doesnt give me ANY troubles. FYI, the 4x4 versions have slightly different lock set ups, so dont lock your keys in the car, AAA couldnt even get my doors open. Other then that... rust? Some of the colors for the 80s beds also oxydize... but thats a cosmetic thing, just cover it in mud.

MyTOY
10-06-2004, 11:20 AM
I bought my 95 4x4 22re almost new. Now has 83,000 miles.
I had to replace so far: • Battery • Starter • Tie Rod • Front Brakes
Sound Good?
I have also replaced belts, cap/rotor, plugs/wires, fuel filter, etc.
The truck has been ultra reliable. The only prob. I have now is
I suspect my timing chain guides are shot which is common on
the 22RE with the factory plastic guides. There are replacement
metal plated guides. Many say this is the best 4 cyl. made. For
my $, they're right on. Plus with nice tires & rims, it is pretty
sharp looking.

gabhp
12-19-2004, 05:23 AM
anything after 85 is what you are looking for. the 22re is quite a bit more fuel efficient than the older carb models. find yourself an 85 strait axle toy with 22re, some 33s, gears and your choice of lockers, and go spank the hell out of that yj. i wouldn't be too surprised if your bro followed suit.

Add your comment to this topic!