Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

What is your Z putting out?

1viadrft
07-15-2004, 06:01 PM
Hey GuyZ...

So what kinda #'s are your Z's (NA and TT) putting out? That is one thing I have not heard from anyone yet! My BLITZ Power Meter says I'm putting out 257HP. Not sure how accurate that is... but I heard these meter's don't tend to be off by alot! I have minor bolt on's... BLITZ intake, headers (I just found out the guy before me had swapped in an unknown set of headers! Go figure!), and custom exhaust pipes and mufflers. My 1/4 is 17.2 seconds (I know that isn't very fast!)! Can't wait to get some nitrous! :evillol:

MikeMan
07-15-2004, 06:57 PM
at the moment? 0 rwhp. :)
-Mike

westpak
07-15-2004, 08:45 PM
On a Dynojet Dyno I got 279 RWHP with only JWT intake and Full exhaust.

k3smostwanted
07-16-2004, 03:35 AM
17.2????????

what kinda z are u talkin? very fast? that will get u beat by my grandma's civic hybrid that gets 50 mpg.

dont have anytimes yet but im headed to a dyno this weekend hopefully.

Z_Fanatic
07-16-2004, 07:09 AM
ya, 17.2?? my other 4-banger qualifies to be fast as that. I don't think your Z32 is a sports car anymore. I think a stock N/A should be somewhere around 14-15, that's what it felt like on mine. Anyway, I got 2 results, not sure why, 227 once, and then 231 second with open exhaust and dilapidated muffler.

perhaps because you have an auto tranny. (I think this qualifies as a constructive criticism, since it may lead you to the cause of lagging in your Z). Don't use NOS!! ;)

1viadrft
07-16-2004, 10:21 AM
Uh... I'm not sure what part of the world you live in... but the Z32 is a heavy beast in need of a diet! Zed NA's are having trouble getting into the low 16's!!! Some guy in 300zxclub.com got his NA into the 14's with some iternal mods and nitrous I think...

Remember that my NA is not in top-notch shape also... I need a new TC, tires are nearly bald, and that rear-main seal is at the back of my mind! 17.2... I'm not gonna lie! So what are you guys hitting? Hmmm?

C'mon! What about you TT boys out there? What kinda power are you putting out?

Z_Fanatic
07-16-2004, 07:52 PM
Uh dude, I don't know how your Z performs, but I did 15.72 with the t-top glass pannels off and 15.81 with panels on. Although I had to sacrifice handling with panels-off. Seriously, your local civic with no mods probably does around 17 secs. My other car, Beetle, is somewhere around low 17. So even with 3420 lbs boat, with that much horses, it should help a bit. I have no idea if the previous owners did any mods to my Z however :D. I am the 3rd owner I think.

Antiburn
07-16-2004, 09:03 PM
I guess 160. Maybeless because my Z's running like shit. I can just make it go really fast really quick with this really werid trick I can do with it. I can downshift with it from a stand still so its like Im doing 50mph and I floor it. Thats what its like so I guess it is pretty fast for a 160hp auto Z.

k3smostwanted
07-16-2004, 11:19 PM
Uh... I'm not sure what part of the world you live in... but the Z32 is a heavy beast in need of a diet! Zed NA's are having trouble getting into the low 16's!!! Some guy in 300zxclub.com got his NA into the 14's with some iternal mods and nitrous I think...

Remember that my NA is not in top-notch shape also... I need a new TC, tires are nearly bald, and that rear-main seal is at the back of my mind! 17.2... I'm not gonna lie! So what are you guys hitting? Hmmm?

C'mon! What about you TT boys out there? What kinda power are you putting out?

the slowest i have seen a z32 n/a run is 16.3. 2+2 auto except completely stock. but i believe u. prolly losin some time with that TC

Broke_as_****
07-16-2004, 11:49 PM
I must also say, at the moment: 0 rwhp

But that shall soon be fixed. And when it is and all the parts are attached and everything is absolutely ****ing peachy, off to the dyno it goes for some tuning. Should be 400-450 rwhp. But we'll just have to see.

longlivetheZ
07-17-2004, 01:20 AM
Right now, I have a K&N cone filter and a "high flow exhaust"...eg: part of it's gone...:p I'm probably somwhere around 210-ish at the crank, I guess. I have no clue what kind of 1/4 that would get me. I'm not the fastest thing on the roada, BUT I WILL BE...I JUST FOUND OUT I GOT SPONSORED!!!. My car's lighter than the Z32 and I'm pushing a pussy 4psi. I don't know what Nissan was thinking with the stock 4psi. I know they were going for little-no lag and reliability, which they did, but damn...the new Neon SRT-4 runs 14.5psi stock. Fast little bastards, they are, too.

k3smostwanted
07-17-2004, 03:37 AM
i dont care what that freakin srt-4 is pushin i still dont even want to hear about it. i dont care if it beats me up and down the track all day long, its still a neon and a very ugly one at that. sorry just had to say that. very quick but i still hate it with a passion.

Z_Fanatic
07-17-2004, 04:20 AM
btw, anyone aware of the weight distributions in Z31 and Z32?

1viadrft
07-17-2004, 10:26 AM
I JUST FOUND OUT I GOT SPONSORED!!!

Congrats... by whom? I'm still scouring So.Cal for a good tuning shop to sponsor me. Cheap bastards...

Loving the numbers guys! Keep 'em coming....

No one cares about Honda's or your damn Bettle, Z_Fanatic. :grinno: This thread is asking for neithers ET's....

Broke_as_****
07-17-2004, 12:14 PM
the new Neon SRT-4 runs 14.5psi stock

Kind of like handing out a free grenade with every engine.

Congrats on the sponsor too, free money always helps. Extra kudos for the sponsored Z31, don't see that much.

As for weight distribution, all the Z32 2 seaters I've driven on and off track felt pretty much right down the middle, nice and neutral in the corners. Never put them to a corner weight test though. Given the additional weight in the rear, 2+2s might be a little ass happy, don't know about that. One of these guys can tell you. As for Z31s, I really don't know.

I WANT TO BE THE OFFICIAL RACE CAR OF THE HIGHWAY SAFETY ADMINISTRATION!

Z_Fanatic
07-17-2004, 03:26 PM
Congrats... by whom? I'm still scouring So.Cal for a good tuning shop to sponsor me. Cheap bastards...

Loving the numbers guys! Keep 'em coming....

No one cares about Honda's or your damn Bettle, Z_Fanatic. :grinno: This thread is asking for neithers ET's....

Sorry dude, just putting into perspective, that even my Beetle can give your Z32 run for its money, the Beetle also has an auto tranny :rofl:

I won't even bother to roll out my Z.

RX_speed
07-17-2004, 04:04 PM
Uh... I'm not sure what part of the world you live in... but the Z32 is a heavy beast in need of a diet! Zed NA's are having trouble getting into the low 16's!!!
:eek7:
helllllll no, NAs shouldn't be that slow. look around on the other Z forums and websites, NAs are 15 second cars stock. I know I have the lightest model but even the other ones are not that slow

Add your comment to this topic!