Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

92 bonneville water pump

Johnnystorm
07-14-2004, 09:29 AM
My Water pump went bad on me the pulley was wobbling and i guess it gave way and it stalled on the side of the road checked under the hood and i saw my belt was broken one part was stuck on the pulley for the water pump and the other side of the belt was stuck on the pulley at the bottom i think its the crank shaft pulley. i got the car towed to my house and i changed out the water pump. i went to crank car up it started up for like 30 seconds it sounded like it wanted to cut off so after the 30 seconds the car cut off. I tried to start the car again and it started up for like 10 sec and cut off again so i checked to make sure everything was connected properly and i tired again this time the car just turned over and over, after that i let the car sit there for a few hours and went back out to check it again and it just turns over and over car doesn't sound like its about to crank up or anything do you guy or gals have any suggestions for me

STINKINLINCOLN
07-15-2004, 07:40 PM
Ok I have a few questions for you frist of all what do you mean by "wobbling" to you mean bent are worped
2nd questions how long did you drive the car before the car broke down did you happen to look at your temp gage
you might have over heated your motor ( not good )
do you know if the water is getting into the motor now (just check the upper rad hose to see if there is pressure in there)

Im thinking that it might be fuel related fuel pump is what comes to mind

check these thing and get back to me and let me know and I will might be able to help you out more

Johnnystorm
07-15-2004, 08:02 PM
well the pulley on the waterpump was starting to wabble. I guess it was wabbling enough to make the belt come lose. I check the oil in the engine and its fine no water. The car just cut off and when i looked under the hood and there was no steam or anything i removed the belt it was stuck on the pulley for the waterpump and think the belt broke before the car could overheat the car just stopped and rolled into a gas station i replaced the water pump and the belt but i just can't figure out why it will not start i will check with some mechanics i will prob have to let them look at it so i can get it fixed

STINKINLINCOLN
07-16-2004, 05:15 PM
They only other thing that I can think of is maybe the crank sencor try that and let me know how it works out for you I hope this helps

Add your comment to this topic!