Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

1992 Blazer S-10, Need help with some ?'s

nouse1322
07-13-2004, 10:09 PM
I just bought a 1992 blazer s-10 off one of my buddies and I added a 3"body lift. I have limited automotive knowledge and was wondering if some of you could assist me. I need help cause I need to start running stuff over...

What are the largest possible tires i could on fit on this now having a 3"body lift and stock 15" wheels?

Is an addition of a 2-4" suspension lift possible, and in your opinion worth it?

What price range will I be looking at if a suspension lift was added, and then how big can I go with the tires?

Any other cool modifactions out there you could advise for me?

Thank you for looking, and if you reply I truely appreciate it.

Blazing Rice
07-14-2004, 12:14 PM
I never liked the idea of a body lift, all it does is screw up steer shaft angles and shift linkage, but I will help out anyway. With the 3 inch lift, you can fit a 31 inch tires with minimal (if any) rubbing and clearance issues on stock wheels. If you buy a set of aftermarket wheels, make sure they are of proper backspacing.

And addition 2 inches of lift can be had from a Superlift kit (the kit uses new upper A-arms, new CV boots, and an add-a-leaf for the rear) that costs around $400-$500. Trailmaster makes a 4/5" lift for it as well, I'm not sure how front lift is accomplished (I imagine it uses differential drop down brackets) but it uses a spring-over conversion for the rear. That kit costs well over $1000. With it, you can run a 33" inch tires, but in conjunction with the body lift, it might fit 35s. Do realize, your drivetrain will seriously taxed with the 35s, and getting a good workout with the 33s. :smile:

nouse1322
07-14-2004, 03:39 PM
Thank you so much for the advise, Blazing Rice, I really appreciate it.

Add your comment to this topic!