Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Power Relays

Strate
07-12-2004, 07:24 PM
I have a issue I would like some help with. I have remote start and if I decide that I don't want to leave after it's already started, I shut it off and the stereo and electronics in the interior are still on. They stay on until a door is opened.

This sounds like the work of a relay that causes everything to stay on. If it is a relay, which on is it? I want to get around it. If it's not then what cause this and is there any fixes?

ponchonutty
07-13-2004, 05:09 PM
It is a latching relay that is triggered by the ignition comming on and triggered to go off when the door is opened. I guess you do not like this when you remote start then shut it off? Quick fix is to trigger the door trigger for a second to turn on the interior lights.

Strate
07-13-2004, 07:08 PM
In my example I might be a half mile away so I would be unable to trigger the door latch. Here's a post I started in another site that I figured would create more responses.
http://www.blazinlow.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=37219

ponchonutty
07-17-2004, 09:22 AM
In my example I might be a half mile away so I would be unable to trigger the door latch. Here's a post I started in another site that I figured would create more responses.
http://www.blazinlow.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=37219
Well, do not listen to those other guys on the other site. They do not know exactly what to do. Simply activating the domelight won't cause the accessory wire to shut off. Try it. Get in the car, turn ign. on then off. Make sure your radio is on then turn on the domelight. If it shuts everything else off then they are right. Some of the old Blazers and other GM cars are like this. If not, then you need to trigger the door pin switch.
You should find a white wire that test (-) at the TRW keyless entry module mounted to the under dash panel on drivers side. With the module unplugged, the drivers door lock will no longer function. If your Blazer didn't have OEM keyless, there will still be a module there. Anyway, find the wire on the RS that sends out a (-) trigger when the system shuts back down. It is usually labled as (alarm rearm output). It is commonly used to rearm OEM alarms if you shut the RS off. This will trigger the door trigger which will shut the radio off. Pretty simple really.

Strate
07-19-2004, 11:32 AM
What do you mean "RS that sends out a (-) trigger when the system shuts back down."?

You mentioned this is a TRW module. If my truck did come with keyless how could I find out? I work for TRW. At our facility we package all TRW compnents except airbags and seatbelts and if I don't have keyless what part numbers and what would it be needed to hook it up 'cause we have hundreds of different keyless systems in our building.

ponchonutty
07-19-2004, 05:50 PM
What do you mean "RS that sends out a (-) trigger when the system shuts back down."?

You mentioned this is a TRW module. If my truck did come with keyless how could I find out? I work for TRW. At our facility we package all TRW compnents except airbags and seatbelts and if I don't have keyless what part numbers and what would it be needed to hook it up 'cause we have hundreds of different keyless systems in our building.
I am sorry strate but because you are not fluent in installing remote starts, you can't understand what I am saying but I will try again.

Most remote starts have a wire that shows a ground when the RS is shut down. It is meant to be used to rearm factory alarms since most need a negative pulse inorder to arm.

As far as just being able to add a trw module, I have no idea. I have never tried it however I believe the harness is different.

Add your comment to this topic!