Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Help! Water in floorboard

Century005
07-12-2004, 06:46 PM
I just drove home and noticed a clear liquid in my floorboard. It is soaked! It looks like it is coming from under the dashboard on the passenger side. I think it's water, but it smells funny. Can anyone tell me what it is? I've heard of the AC drain hose clogging up and also the heater core breaking open, but I was running the AC all day today. Anybody got any ideas? Thanks! Melissa

GTP Dad
07-13-2004, 05:59 AM
Has it been raining in your area? The drain for the air conditioning also works to drain water out of the vent openings. It is very possible that this is plugged and needs to be cleaned out in order to drain. Unfortunately, I am not sure where the drain is located on your vehicle.

public
07-14-2004, 08:28 PM
I have one of these cars. The cabin filter is on the passenger side and has a seal that will leak bad if not put in right.
1. raise the hood.
2. remove the vent intake cover.
3. on the bottom of the windshield there should be a seal that presses onto the edge of the glass.
4. I glued mine on with clear silicone because it kept coming off. No problems since.
5. reinstall the cover and enjoy a dry interior.

KJH
12-13-2004, 10:59 AM
I have a '99 Century and the passenger side carpet is soaked (yes it's been raining in my area). I spent a substantial amount of time under the car yesterday looking for a drainage hose that may be clogged and didn't find one. Based on information from this string, unless someone has a better idea, my next step is to remove the cabin filter cover to see if an obvious problem jumps out at me.

Any ideas? Thanks.

public
12-15-2004, 04:46 PM
No, that would be it.

KJH
01-11-2005, 02:22 PM
As a follow up, I solved the problem by taking a shop vac to the ventilation area just below the windshield wipers.

Add your comment to this topic!