Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Has any one put a dvd system in their Astro

chuy22
07-11-2004, 07:18 PM
Every car audio shop I go to I get the same thing. I have to remove the overhead center console to be able to put a dvd monitor. I have seen other astros with video monitors and still have their console in place. If any one has put one in please help me. What is the maximum size of monitor I can use? I would appreciate any help. :screwy:

chuy22
07-20-2004, 12:11 PM
Every car audio shop I go to I get the same thing. I have to remove the overhead center console to be able to put a dvd monitor. I have seen other astros with video monitors and still have their console in place. If any one has put one in please help me. What is the maximum size of monitor I can use? I would appreciate any help. :screwy:

Just in case any body is interested, I intalled a 10 inch lcd monitor directly at the end of the center console. Looks great. I used a panasonic dvd player installed underneath the middle bench seat. I play it through an fm station or a set of wireless earphones. Also installed a power converted so you can play with a playstation or other game consoles. I still retained the factory delco system with the slave cd player. Works great. Just took the kids to vegas and absolutely no complaints during the 4 hour drive. My wife and I loved it. :naughty:

Add your comment to this topic!