Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

question on mobile TV...

junglist
01-29-2002, 12:31 AM
this might be a stupid question...but I'm going to ask it anyway...

I've always wondered...how do you pay for cable channels in your car?
like...how are you able to watch tv? what channels can/can't you get? is it limited? and does it look like shit?

(when you are running a deck with a tv tuner...or however you happen to watch tv in your car)

cliffud
01-29-2002, 01:51 AM
yeah- you only get public broadcasted television.

i have an alpine flip out screen in the dash and i've been contemplating whether or not i want a video cassette player for the car-

tape "friends" or any other TV show and take it in the car- better than DVD- cuz u can't burn a normal DVD- however- i heard that with a modification- the original playstation can play Video CDs.

way cool...

-clifford

junglist
01-29-2002, 11:01 AM
is it possible to get all the channels you normally would in your house?

is the quality poor?

anybody?

I don't wanna tape "friends" or any other TV show and take it in the car...I want to be able to turn on my mobile TV..and watch whatever is on on whatever channel...I don't want to be limited by having to tape shows so I can watch them on my 7 inch screen.

Swonder67
01-29-2002, 09:25 PM
Well, the only way it would work well is if you had a sattelite dish on your roof, like some RV's have.

cliffud
01-29-2002, 11:21 PM
Originally posted by Swonder67
Well, the only way it would work well is if you had a sattelite dish on your roof, like some RV's have.

and if u mount it the right way-

it doubles as a spoiler!!!!

junglist
01-29-2002, 11:42 PM

this is the only thing I could think of also...or like on limo's..
but I can't accept it as an the ONLY way...there must be a way without some huge-ass ugly antenna..

junglist
01-29-2002, 11:44 PM
for instance....to get good FM reception a shorter antenna is better...
so size doesn't always matter...

GtRider
02-03-2002, 10:59 PM
they have sattelite radios now.
in which you pay and access fee each month and you get alot of stations..
so maybe you mite be able to get sattelite tv in your ride

Add your comment to this topic!