Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Missouri meet in Spring..who's up for it?

Mrock
07-11-2004, 12:46 AM
When: Late March of 2005- Gives plenty of time to plan for people to show up, or arrange to get off work, etc...

Where: Most likely Gateway International Raceway, about 5 minutes from St. Louis.

I was speaking to travagliante about possibly setting up a Missouri import (and even some domestics..why not?) meet. I wouldn't mind meeting up in a month or so, but after august, it's going to gradually get more chilly outside, so I figure spring (March) would be best, as it gives people time to plan and arrange to have the day off to come to the meet.

So far, what we had spoke about was everyone meeting at a certain time either somewhere like a store parking lot (I did that a few times back in Tampa, FL), or just meeting at the track. Everyone runs, or just hangs out at the track, then afterwards we all drive out to get something to eat, perhaps. I figure it could be cool, and it'd be a good way to meet fellow Missouri car enthusiasts. I live in Columbia, Mo, but it wouldn't be a problem to make it.

So the question is- who would be realistically up for it? If anyone in Kansas City area is intersted who'd have to pass through Columbia, maybe I could meet up with them (I may be able to drag along a local import or two), and we could have a mini-group ride to the raceway. Anyways, who would actually be interested in coming?

I should probably also make it known that you don't have to have a fast car, or awesome looking car. Anyone who has a love for the sport I think should be more than welcome to come. I think it'd just be great to get to meet fellow missourians who have the same interests as myself.

Oh, it would also be a great time to buy/swap parts from people here on the boards that may have something you need or want.

-Mike

Edit: www.gatewayraceway.com would be the place.

travagliante
07-11-2004, 12:56 AM
Mike---
I Am There!!!! Everyone is Welcome to come. Lets make this our first great midwest AF meet. Anyone interested post and whore up this thread!!! lol......

Lets make this great as i said everyones welcome imports domestics, really dont care as long as we have a great time!!!!!

Also post what dates that work the best for people so we can work out whats the best and take off work and whatsoever.

Me(andrew) and mike were thinking sometime around March 26 or April 1st(both saturdays)

Thanks
Hope to See everyone There!!!!

Andrew

Oh everyone if you feel comfortable post a email or aol screen name so we can keep in contact and get this meet going!!!

Mrock
07-17-2004, 12:09 AM
Got a decent amount of people interested. If you ARE interested, please send an e-mail to me at mrock_2000@yahoo.com, and lemme know your name, and what you'll be bringing. Andrew and myself want to get a rough number of who's showing. I have been telling a lot of people. I hope to get a nice showing...c'mon people!

travagliante
07-18-2004, 11:46 PM
Yes we got a reply...

lol mike thats you.... hehe

Um anyone interested can also email me at andyjt@aol.com ... I have about 5 for sures that can come and 4 that are ify.

I understand that it is too far ahead to plan but all we would like is a yes im interested but not mean that i am "making reservations" or dont reply

Thanks

]{iwi
09-23-2004, 09:14 PM
id be up for a trip to st louis

travagliante
09-27-2004, 01:05 AM
AWESOME A REPLY

haha
Where do you live? Tell us a little bio i guess?

]{iwi
09-27-2004, 09:28 PM
i live in St joseph Mo

new ride 90 civic si hb w/ b16 swap

i want to go on a road trip soon so a meet in stl would be sweet

travagliante
10-03-2004, 09:13 PM
cool hey my AOL IM IS andyjt hit me up sometime. Love to see your hatch

03civda
10-05-2004, 12:10 PM
Is anyone from KC going. I'm new here so I'm trying to get a feel for who is from KC.

travagliante
10-07-2004, 02:27 PM
hmm not positive who is going yet. Mike(mrock) is being a butt head and not talking to me.... not really sure on everyone yet. But mike has quite a few coming form columbia. I have all of the STL peeps(haha) and thats all i know!

Mrock
10-11-2004, 06:01 PM
Awesome stuff. To anyone from KC, it's possible we could meet at some exit somewhat close to KC (maybe somewhere like 15 miles east of the I-435/I-70 intersection/merge area..to get away from heavy traffic), then drive to st. louis together. I travel to Lincoln, NE a lot, and I pass through KC, so maybe if I was on my way back that weekend, we could all join up and drive through columbia to st. louis together.

!M!}[
11-19-2004, 11:34 PM
im just north of kc so i would prob. meet up with u guys half wat and ride down together

TheSilentChamber
01-10-2005, 04:40 AM
Well I guess I'll have to show up to represent Texas, its only about a days drive. My aim is same as my user name so IM me some time. I'll be sporting a 88 civic hatch sitting on the ground, should have a full carbon front end by that time and maby a b18 lsvtec.

Sikocivic
01-11-2005, 04:45 PM
I am in MN and might be able to get a few guys from up here to make the trip down. Have you set a date yet? Is there anyplace to camp? When we have our meets around here we have it at a campground so its cheap for everybody to stay the weekend.

sofast
01-15-2005, 07:50 AM
When you post a date I will be there. I will be riding down from Davenport Iowa with my Lude

http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/12/web/528000-528999/528935_5.jpg

Leesmack
01-18-2005, 07:44 PM
hey count me in what do i got to do to get signed up for this?? i live in mexico, missouri. im always at family in st. louis. and i go to columbia a lot so maybe we could hook up on way up there Mrock??

email me leesmack@sbcglobal.net or post on here probally the best bet.

travagliante
01-20-2005, 10:27 PM
Um cool. I expect a date to be somewhere around the last week of like Saturday march 26th or maybe Saturday april 3. Campgounds hmmm no real close but there are some within like 20-30 miles of Gateway Raceway! Hit me up on aim sometime anyone.

Still working on plans for it. I think mrock is going to sell rex so im not sure if he is still going to come.

Anyone have anyother input on things to do there. Im trying to set up something with gateway on the track drag strip maybe. But not sure still how much it will cost!

We could also have a parts trade, show, or do the strip.

Anyone feel free to chime in.

Andrew

travagliante
01-20-2005, 10:35 PM
hey count me in what do i got to do to get signed up for this?? i live in mexico, missouri. im always at family in st. louis. and i go to columbia a lot so maybe we could hook up on way up there Mrock??

email me leesmack@sbcglobal.net or post on here probally the best bet.

Well so far im just wanting to hear everyones input. Ill get a list of people have interested and then i can put a list together and make up some directions and info.

Wheres your family located. I live in Creve Coeur which is close to Highway 270 / Interstate 40-64.

Leesmack
01-21-2005, 06:57 PM
my they live in wentzville. my brother inlaw is getting read y to buy a 2005 S2000 and he already has the new exhaust and supercharger for it.
maybe he can come even though its no 4th gen civic..lol

]{iwi
01-22-2005, 05:39 PM
lets do this im still up need like 4 weeks notice for time off i will prob make a weekend out of it

travagliante
01-24-2005, 10:59 PM
Awesome hey s2000 still welcome!!! Yeah lets get it rolling. I think we should do it March 26th. unless anyone has any objections to this say I.

Then ill go and post this up on honda-tech to get some more people coming.

Andrew

travagliante
01-24-2005, 11:12 PM
March 26th it is. Just decided. Seems to be the spring break for most everyone around Saint louis area.
I also posted this up on honda-tech.com

check out the link:
http://honda-tech.com/zeropost?cmd=fshow&id=41

spoolinLSVTEC
02-21-2005, 09:27 AM
i live in iowa city and would maybe come down. i drive an 89 crx with a b16 swap and a 92 hatch with an h22. if i did end up coming down there maybe sofast and i could meet up and roll in a pack. i might have another friend who'd be down also. he has a b16 powered civic as well.

Add your comment to this topic!