Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

dual in and out muffler

jubaby
07-10-2004, 03:51 PM
Doe anyone know of a company that sells a dual in and dual out muffler 2 fit my 97 yukon..I want the dual exhaust look but the factory sound..Dont wanna do the flo-masters...Mat be 2 loud for me...HELP

TweakedGM
07-11-2004, 02:24 PM
I put Vortex muffer on my truck it is dual in dual out also put the stainless steel pipes on to aluminum pipes my guess is replace in 3 to 4 years.
www.maremont.com then go to supreme performance and look around you can also hear what they sound like.

jubaby
07-11-2004, 05:52 PM
On the page it only has applications for 2000 and up

TweakedGM
07-11-2004, 06:02 PM
they might have a way to fit yours. that is the only muffler I know of. I would guess yours is about the same as a 1996 gm truck you might have to shorten the pipes.I turned my pipes to the side of the truck behind the tires.

jubaby
07-11-2004, 06:05 PM
I hope so..I'll give them a call tomorrow...Doe syours have any sound or does it sound stock? I want minimal rumble, jus want the behind the tire look also

TweakedGM
07-11-2004, 06:16 PM
did you listen to that site it has what they sound like. It has some rumble to it to tell you the truth I have a little bit of an idea what mine sound like.I have been tring to get some one to drive it so I can hear it.I do know that if I just get up and go it gets a quite noisey as for the interior noise it is quiet at 60mph going up to it your can hear it inside. This is in a ext.cab to in yours it might be a little noiser . On my I like it.
listen to the exhaust sounds
I just remembered I was pulling my boat from a dead stop up a steep hill it was not quiet but quieter than flowmaster

ProjectXC
07-13-2004, 06:34 PM
to get the look of dual you dont need a dual in...i dont think the 97's are much different than my 95' but i tried to get actual dual with seperate mufflers and they said they could not do it because of the factory Y pipe...try looking at flowmaster and just get one of their quiet systems, i'm running a single chamber cut off 6'' past and turned down under the body, i dont suggest that approach if you are looking to be quiet.

Add your comment to this topic!