Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Isuzu Rodeo Transmission Fix

PUSHTRUCK
07-10-2004, 01:51 PM
I Just Wanted To Let Everyone Know That I Have Had My Trans Computer Replaced 3 Times And Twice It Caused My Trans To Need Rebuild. The Only Reason This Happened Is That I Hooked Up An Amp For My Stereo Direct To My Battery And It Was Drawing Alot Of Juice From My Batt. Causing My Electrical System For Some Reason To Shut Down My Computer For The Trans. I Since Have Unhooked The Amp And Never Had Another Problem. Another Problem With The Rodeo Is The Winter/power Switch Unhook It Also Or Sooner Or Later It Will Cause You Problems. ((sorry For The Caps. I Noticed Them After I Was Done.))

rodeo02
07-10-2004, 06:27 PM
Oh man, you can almost guarantee that those computers never needed to be replaced in the first place!! It was just low system voltage all along. Tranny shops that dont have experience with isuzu's & 4L30E's are happy to replace stuff $$$$. You might have gotten by, by adding another battery to the system.
G/luck
Joel

Tom01Rodeo
07-10-2004, 09:01 PM
I'm planning a stereo upgrade soon. How many watts were you using?

Supertenor
08-06-2004, 10:12 AM
Dude, all I did was have a cd player put into my 1998 Rodeo and I've had nothing but problems ever since. I've had to replace the transmission(I actually had to use parts from the original tranny and my rebuilt one just to make one good one to use.) I've also replaced the computer, had the alternator rebuilt(and, it's screwed up again and won't start. It just clicks.) I've bought a new starter, new battery. ETC. The problem is, nobody seems to know sh!t about these cars and how to work on them. When my first tranny started acting up, I took it everywhere and no one found a problem. I had no choice but to keep driving it unyil the tranny and computer both died. I'm pretty fed up and pissed off so, I feel ya.

Ehren

rheteric
08-06-2004, 12:11 PM
I have a few stereo components and have never had a problem. My Rodeo has 55,000 mi on it and everyday runs my Pioneer HU, a 350+ watt RMS amp, and Sirius tuner, all without a hiccup. Sounds like a couple of isolated incidents to me.

On another note, I think I've had exceptionally good luck, i.e. my rear window tint hasn't caused the glass to shatter. the only issue I had was the blown accumulator piston cover which was covered under warranty. IMO, a simple inexpensive fix anyways. Take care of these cars and they will take car of you.

Supertenor
08-06-2004, 01:32 PM
Hey! Well, It's good that your Rodeo has done well. I think the '98 Rodeo, like mine and the one the other poster has, is a particularly problem-prone model. If you check epinions.com. however, you'll see a host of other complaints. I think, honestly, that you got lucky and, being truly happy with the Rodeo is an "isolated insident" more than anything. There's also the fact that mine had a previous owner and I have no idea what the hell they may have done to it. Anyway, thanks for the reply and, I do love the rodeo. It did me fine up until I had that new stereo put in. God only knows what they did to the wiring. Later...

Ehren

Supertenor
08-06-2004, 01:36 PM
Pardon my spelling: I meant INCIDENT

:) Ehren

rheteric
08-06-2004, 02:20 PM
I think the '98 Rodeo, like mine and the one the other poster has, is a particularly problem-prone model. If you check epinions.com. however, you'll see a host of other complaints.

This may very well be, since it is the first model run of a new generation (2nd Gen). Usually they don't have all the bugs ironed out until 2 or 3 years later.This is not only for Isuzu, but any automaker no matter how expensive.

Add your comment to this topic!