Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Question

leylabean
07-09-2004, 04:10 AM
My friend has an 87 and we are trying to fix it...
It has a brand new fuel pump, fuel filters, distributor cap, rotor, plugs, wires, points, timing belt, and a fairly new carb. At first when it gets turned on, it runs great, but then once you drive it around for a while, it dies, and will not continue to run...I have had to pump the gas pedal so that I could get it home. We checked the fuel lines, and they appear clean, the gas gauge was recently acting weird...and I cannot find any vaccum leaks. The book for it says that it has a TPS, but I do not know where. I was hoping that this is the problem as I have run out of ideas, we have replaced so many parts that soon the whole car will be new again. :-) It looks like the carb stops getting fuel after a while of being on, the inline fuel filter even empties, but I cannot seem to get it figured out. Does anyone have any suggestions, and does anyone know where the TPS is on these little guys???? Any help and/or suggestions is greatly apprecieated. :-)

CivicSlayr
07-11-2004, 01:02 PM
hey, same thing happened to mine, we replaced the feul filter, and pump, worked for a little while, and died, what we did was rebuild the carb, be carfull though, that choke linkage is tricky, mine still has no choke because i screwed up the linkage, hasent died since

Add your comment to this topic!