Car Auctions

highteknology
07-08-2004, 01:52 PM
Few questions about car auctions.
I'm in the market for a new (to me) car. I've heard about the car auctions and everything and decided to check one out. Has anyone bought anything off of these auctions? If so how reliable is the car? I guess it all depends on who owned it and how well it was taken care of and ish like that. I was also wondering where I can find a list of auctions going on in and around my city (Albuquerque, NM)? Every once and a while I'll see and ad on tv or something but that's about it. Do you all think it is worth checking out these auctions or should I stick to dealerships, Autotrader, and the classifieds in my local paper? How good is eBay?

DUNCE
07-08-2004, 11:38 PM
autotrader is a good source to find a good used car and also in the auto trader they provide listings in your area of different auctions that are being held. Like you stated before it all depends on the past owners... if you do decide to go to an auction or purchase through autotrader bring someone with you who knows alot about cars mechanics,etc, that should help.

highteknology
07-09-2004, 09:39 AM
So I stopped by the preview for this auction taking place today. A COMPLETE waste of my time. Every car was wrecked. One had been wrapped around a telephone pole, another was missing the back end. It was the first time I had ever been to an auction, and quite possibly the last time. Just to let everyone know out there, don't expect some nice stuff at these.

BlaZe34
07-26-2004, 05:31 PM
autotrader is a good source to find a good used car and also in the auto trader they provide listings in your area of different auctions that are being held. Like you stated before it all depends on the past owners... if you do decide to go to an auction or purchase through autotrader bring someone with you who knows alot about cars mechanics,etc, that should help.

are these auctions the ones listed on line or do they provide places were auctions are being held?

xdreamberbabex
07-27-2004, 01:25 PM
autotrader and edmunds are very good websites
you can almost find exactly what you want

camaroincal
07-27-2004, 09:34 PM
Screw dealerships. They are sniveling little greedy bastards that mark up the shit out of used cars. I learned first hand not to ever buy a used car from a dealer lol. A car auction can net you a nice car if you do research. Get VIN # from cars that interest you at an auction then get online and pay like $20 at a site like www.autocheck.com and you can look up its history. Shit, that's what the dealers do, buy cars at those auctions then turn around and sell em for high blue book, even though they bought the thing for like wholesale..lol

kenwood guy
07-31-2004, 12:33 AM
so dealerships sux I did not know that

Add your comment to this topic!