tranny spewing fluid/ flaming jimmy

drdestructo_8
07-08-2004, 12:53 AM
I have a 98 and had some issues w/ it a year or two ago. I rebuilt the tranny and its been fine for some time. In the last few months it has been slipping so I checked the fluid level, it was low, filled it, now when driving it spews fluid out of the breather hoses on top and bottom of the tranny right on to the manifold causing it to catch on fire twice. I put it out and there was no damage to any thing but what can i do to fix it. I hope someone can help or the dealer I purchased the jimmy from is gion to find a flaming jimmy on his showroom floor. PLEASE HELP

oldwrench49
07-27-2005, 02:15 PM
we had the same problem... it was a failed vacuum switch that allowed fliud to build up in the transfer case.

BlazerLT
07-29-2005, 12:03 AM
I have a 98 and had some issues w/ it a year or two ago. I rebuilt the tranny and its been fine for some time. In the last few months it has been slipping so I checked the fluid level, it was low, filled it, now when driving it spews fluid out of the breather hoses on top and bottom of the tranny right on to the manifold causing it to catch on fire twice. I put it out and there was no damage to any thing but what can i do to fix it. I hope someone can help or the dealer I purchased the jimmy from is gion to find a flaming jimmy on his showroom floor. PLEASE HELP

How did you check the level initially?

Add your comment to this topic!