Formula one in the middle of London

NSX-R-SSJ20K
07-07-2004, 03:38 PM
Formula 1 in the middle of london
<HR style="COLOR: #d1d1e1" SIZE=1>Ok i set off for london at 1pm and got to Regent Street / Trafalgar square at about 3:30. The place was full of people and i had to try and find a spot where i would be able to see the cars and film the stuff. I picked the wrong spot should've stayed down trafalgar's end of the run.

Jenson button drove up the road in a S2k and Da Matta was in a MRS
Coulthard had a SLR - Chitty Chitty Bang Bang - the car from it made an appearance. There was a bunch of other high priced cars too.

It was absolutely fucking amazing. A Merc SLK 55 AMG pace car kept driving up and down it sounded sweet. But the Formula one cars started up and they sounded absolutely fucking fantastic. The cars are so god damn loud.
I managed to film 12 minutes of cars and stuff out of the 4 or 5 hours i was there. They took ages to get started but the wait though it was long was well worth it.

- 500,000 people went to watch this event It was fucking crazy. http://www.illusiverides.com/forum/images/smilies/Bite.gif

Then i did a night shift and now i'm fucking tired. http://www.illusiverides.com/forum/images/smilies/cry2.gif

Does anyone else like the Idea of a London GP = I know i do!

NSX
07-07-2004, 09:08 PM
Wow, sounds really cool.
:)

Can you upload the video?

crayzayjay
07-08-2004, 10:06 AM
I went down there too. I wasnt too sure if i was going to go on the morning of the event but i managed to land a suite at a 5-star hotel (free of charge) on Waterloo Place (where the cars were setting off from & returning to). I had an absolutely incredible view. No more than 20 feet directly above the cars.

What can i say about the cars. That sound.... Holy mother of God that sound was one of the greatest, loudest, most beautiful sounds ive ever heard in my life, reverberating off the buildings... Beautiful event. I loved it. :D

Edit: if you can upload what you filmed it would be awesome to see it again. Mansell put on a good show, as did Montoya. Badoer nearly took out his mechanic when he did his lame little donut :p

Jimster
07-09-2004, 01:17 AM
Did they have to pay congestion charges?

crayzayjay
07-09-2004, 03:13 AM
Nope, and they broke the speed limit too :p

Honestly, Westminster Council is the most brainless council in the country. They wanted the cars to stick to below 30mph. This is the same council that rewards the most successful traffic warden (i.e. the one that gives out the most parking tickets) with a car. B*stards

NSX-R-SSJ20K
07-09-2004, 04:58 AM
hey craysayjay - I got a pretty crap spot up the other end of the route near argyle street and the footage is teh poo. If i stayed where i was i would've been right at the beginning with a decent view. Bugger. I've yet to upload the video to my PC but I'll do it soon ..... hopefully.
I thought they said the speed limit was 75mph for the event. The SLK 55 AMG Pace car was flying up and down the course

crayzayjay
07-09-2004, 05:50 AM
Maybe they did raise it to 75, but initially they didnt want the cars to go over 30.

Sorry to hear you didnt get a great spot but glad you enjoyed it anyway :)

Add your comment to this topic!