Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

98 Blazer vs 2001 Tacoma hehe

dantheman
01-28-2002, 10:30 AM
It’s me again, the guy with the 98 Blazer with absolutely NO mods.
It was on Saturday night, my friends and I had just rented some movies. We were coming up to a light that was HWY 288 right by the Ford Dealer in Angelton. I look over and see a new Tacoma. I see one 2inch exhaust pipe. I turn down the music and rev my engine and point it out to my friends. He is about half a car in front of me on the left at the light. So we see his license plate. It says “Skywalker”. There are a lot of personalized license plates that say something with speed in mind so we didn’t take it too seriously.
It was too dark and too much glare from headlights in the wrong places for me to be able to look at the badging on the back. All I could tell was that it didn’t have the Tacoma spoiler. The tires could have been changed i think they were mud kings. I sit at the light I could hear the rough idle of his truck. My friends and I say at the same time, “BELT”. It was an ugly sound. When he revved back you could hear that stock exhaust real well. The light turned green and he waited for the car in front of him to go for a little bit and peels out. NICE sound. I hate stock exhaust on S Trucks (2.2 and 4.3) but I have to admit that it sounded good on that Tacoma.
So I try to get beside it and traffic just won’t allow it. At one point I got behind him and he took off. I didn’t want to race off right behind him because he might slam on his brakes and I hit him, so I sped up slowly. Funny thing was that the Geo Metro beside him thought he was doing it to him. So he raced or tried to anyway. I eventually caught up to him about a mile down the road at another light. He was in the second lane to turn left and I was in the first. I yell to my friend to grab the camera in the back seat. He gets it as soon as the light turns green.
“Yes I will get a race on film” I think to myself. As soon as we are straight on Airport road, he revs his engine at me. At 15 MPH in 1st gear I punch it. No wheel spin, much less a burnout, and I get a 2 truck lead. He got one hell of a burnout, my friend later told me. I hit second and I am still ahead. Then it starts to go all wrong. My friend yells “NO FUCKING WAY!!” At 35 MPH he pulls up beside me and revs his engine at me. HE REVS HIS ENGINE AT ME!!!! I couldn’t believe it. Then he hits it again and pulls away from me. The sound of his engine overpowering mine, now that he was in front of me. I keep going from some stupid reason and at around 70 MPH or wherever the top of my 3rd gear is I slow down. He was a good 3 truck lengths, if not 4, ahead of me. We couldn’t believe it. My friend with the camera says “Jesus, did he have a K&N?” I tell him, I don’t think so. He wouldn’t have wasted the cleaner, if he was going to REV (Jesus Christ how could he do that) right next to me. But then again, maybe he could afford it. I try to line up with him again but he turned down on to a one-way road. So I didn’t get to try again. I really wanted to try from a stop, so I could see how bad he would beat me.
It’s funny. It seems every Yota I race has been bone stock. A lot. I just want to race a Toyota Echo so I can see where I stand. And the only thing that pissed me off during that race is that my friend with the camera didn’t hit the fucking record button.
What do you think the Tacoma had (auto or 5spd) to be able to do what it did to my slow blazer. I am really thinking about doing some serious work to my car now. I am thinking Vortech V6 stocker exhaust.

:flipa: :flipa: an interestingly Familiar story adapted by DantheMan :flipa: :flipa:

Add your comment to this topic!