Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

97 yukon code and sluggish performance

jubaby
07-06-2004, 09:11 PM
I have a 97 yukon with 79000 miles on it..Today i got a sevive engine light..Went 2 Autozone and got the code read P0175, running 2 rich bank 2..Where should i start looking..Also for the last few days been runnin doggish...Hearing loud fan type noise on takeofff and accelerating seems sluggish..Really doggish up around and past 55 mph..Had a brake booster replaced last week and mechanic did a diagnostic for vacuum leaks and found nuthing...Would like some help b4 i take it back 2 dealership mechanic

TweakedGM
07-11-2004, 04:34 AM
does the fan noise sound like there is an airplane under your hood. If so change your clutch fan if it is always running you are losing about 21hp. The clutch fan should just run when the temp is up. check your plugs, cap, rotor, check your wires and your maf.

jubaby
07-11-2004, 11:13 AM
Is the clutch fan associated with the A.C? Do you happen 2 know a pricec estimate...Thats exactly what it sounds like.....

TweakedGM
07-11-2004, 02:13 PM
I put a aftermarket one on which was $100 then I took it off because it was to tight. An ac-delco is about $150 I would suggest to get the ac-delco on. Those are if canadain prices. tools are a big wrench and a hammer or get the right one from autozone on a loan.

jubaby
07-13-2004, 06:20 PM
Is this something that can be intermittent..I havent driven my truck in a few days and now i'm not getting that sound..The guy at autozone was really confusing on how this work..Should be tight or loose...Different when it warms up, i was really confused..They dont carry a.c delco..Do i jus loosen the big nut that bolts it to the water pump and swap the blades...Looks easy

TweakedGM
07-13-2004, 07:00 PM
are the blades tight. yes just loosen the big nut i think it is counter clock wise

Add your comment to this topic!