isuzu rodeo sport: gmc 4 cylinder engine

wgtomlinson
07-06-2004, 04:36 PM
I went to have my oil changed last week and the tech. guys told me my Isuzu had a GMC engine. This would be the standard 4 cylinder, inline engine. I'm worried. Is this engine any good? With my 120 mile waranty will GMC dealerships pick up the slack when Isuzu takes off? It has 12,000 miles on it and runs good. Any feedback would be appreciate!

rodeo02
07-06-2004, 05:14 PM
The 1998-2003 rodeo/rodeo sport 2.2L is a General Motors design ( :banghead: ), used by holden & Isuzu. It's not the hardiest engine, but should last the life of the vehicle with good care. Main thing is, changeout the timing belt every 40-50K miles. If it breaks, the cylinder head & engine are toast. Atleast drain & refill the engine coolant yearly & keep up on oil changes.
G/luck
Joel

2eyefishclaw
07-07-2004, 11:43 PM
GM is so proud of this engine that they did not even bother putting it in any of their vehicles

wgtomlinson
07-10-2004, 02:01 PM
GM is so proud of this engine that they did not even bother putting it in any of their vehicles
I appreciate your reply even if sarcastic b/c I'm not sold on GMC engines, but could you explain in greater detail what you mean. DO these engines suck? or like reply one are they ok? Thanks

Add your comment to this topic!