Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

93 Park Avenue-no kickdown

glastron
07-06-2004, 12:25 PM
My 93 PA has similar problems like the others that have posted about the RPM decreasing at 45-60 MPH with the accelerator mashed to the floor. What I do notice is that if I manually downshift the car, it allows the engine to get out of that RPM range, and the tranny to get out of TC lockup and the higher gear. My problem is as well as the others with a similar post is--why does the car not kick down automatically-- could there be a problem with the TPS. This is one of the only sensors that the 4T65-E uses to control itself. Among others are the turbine and output speeds, manifold pressure, and gear selection. The 3800 is a strong engine when it is in the proper gear for required demand. Does anyone have suggestions to this problem?

guerrero79
08-09-2004, 10:10 PM
check fuel sensor below the fuel body it may be getting stuck and causing all the problems. this happened to me

GSteven
08-24-2004, 03:46 PM
I have a 94 PAU which does the same thing to a degree. If I actually "floor it" the tranny downshifts as expected. If I am cruising along at 45-60 and gently accelerate the tranny goes into converter lockup and boggs. I assumed (hate that word) that it was just a trait of this particular engine and tranny. My work around is to actually decelerate which shifts the tranny to passing gear then accelerate enough to keep it there.

Not sure if this helps but there ya go....

Steve

no matter where you go, there ya are

Add your comment to this topic!