Turn signal ticker runs all the time but signals ok

JimZone
07-05-2004, 07:47 PM
Turn signal ticker sound runs all the time, twice as fast as when the turn signals are actually on. The turn signals work ok when on. When signals are not on and the ticker is running fast, no lights are blinking.

When this first happened it would stop if I pushed the turn signal lever part way on. Now it won't stop.

Sounds like a bad ground to me (?) or maybe a connector but where?? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

JimZone
07-10-2004, 01:44 PM
Hmmm well I couldn't deal with this any more, took it to the Infiniti dealer. They replaced a $47 relay but I only made it to the first stop light after picking up the car and it started again (btw, they gave me a 2004 G35 loaner... what a hot rod!). So I took my car back again back again (I35 loaner this time) and they replaced the whole turn signal cha-cha on the steering column which solved the problem. I hate to think what that cost but I have a warranty policy so it just cost me the $50. deductable. Plus, of course, the $47 relay that I didn't really need. But it works again.

Add your comment to this topic!