Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Keyless remote problem...

Shari
07-05-2004, 07:07 PM
Hello! I am new to this forum and hope you can help. I was replacing the batteries in my keyless remote and the two metal contacts just simply fell out! They are not broken, the solder that connects them to the circuit board has just let loose. Now I can't get the remote to work even though I have tried everything I know to just hold them in place when reassembling the unit. Anyone have any ideas how to fix my keyless remote? Should I have my hubby try to solder it? If not, where would I sent it for repairs? (I miss my keyless remote! Please help! I work in a not-so-nice business area and I like the security of my keyless remote.) (This is a keyless remote for a 1994 Park Ave.)

Shari

Jed Rule
07-05-2004, 08:01 PM
Get a new one cheap on E Bay.

Shari
07-05-2004, 10:37 PM
Get a new one cheap on E Bay.

Thanks for the suggestion. I looked at ebay and there is, what appears to be, an identical keyless entry available. I do have a question though: How would I program the one on ebay to work with my car? I've read other posts on this list about setting switches and such inside the remote (for newer cars), but I don't see any switches in the model I have. Any instructions would be beneficial.

Shari
(1994 Park Ave)

Add your comment to this topic!