Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

6 CD Changer

tnut55
07-05-2004, 10:13 AM
Anybody know where I can buy a NEW replacement radio/CD for a good price or buy repair parts (excluding the junkyards)?

amigo-2k
07-05-2004, 10:24 AM
I would head to best buy and pick something up. If you buy another OEM one it will die again down the road. They are horrible.
-Ryan

wb4lbg
07-06-2004, 11:12 AM
Ryan, do you know of anybody who makes an aftermarket unit that will directly replace the OEM? Most of the posts I have read involve putting an external unit under the seat or elsewhere in the passenger compartment. Then there's that hole in the dash that needs to be filled unless you want to leave the OEM unit there dead.

My OEM unit is still working but it gets stubborn sometimes and won't give me back my CD's without some coaxing. I've gotten to the point where I don't put anything in it but CD's I have burned -- at least if I lose them, I still have my original CD.

JWS

thebigreddog16
07-06-2004, 02:03 PM
The 6 CD stacker will eventually burn itself out. Buy an aftermarket one so at least you know it'll play all types of formats.

amigo-2k
07-06-2004, 02:41 PM
you can buy the plastic slot from the dealer for under 20 bucks. Trust me your current head unit is way under powered. I was amazed how much better my stock speakers sounded with a new more powerfull deck.

-Ryan

Add your comment to this topic!