Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Vacuum lines

Dyna_eater
07-05-2004, 02:23 AM
I recently replaced the engine in my 1998 Bonnie. Its the non SC and the original had 174K on it. I got a replacement engine from a salvage yard. It must have came from another GM brand as all of the exterior parts were different and needed to be swapped. The engine is in the car an it seems to be running fine. My problm is that the vacuum hoses on the replacement engine seem to outnumber the old. I plugged the "extra" lines with no adverse effects, so far. Is there a web site that would show the routing of the vacuum lines for my car? I don't want to run too long with something that needs vacuum not getting it. Thanks for any help!!

randman1
07-05-2004, 09:39 AM
There should be a vacuum line schematic under your hood. Usually on the fan shroud near the belt routing diagram. If this has fallen off or removed at some point, the stickers can be reordered through a local GM dealer.

If you are looking for a website, www.alldatadiy.com will have an online service manual. A one year subscription will cost $24.95. A very good resource if you do a lot of on the car yorself.

Add your comment to this topic!