Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Srt-14

JeremiahCFelt
07-04-2004, 08:15 PM
I am currently 16, and I'm VERY new to cars. I've been lookin through many sites, and the car that caught my attention was the SRT-4. Low 20's even w/ turbo upgrades looked really nice. I've been reading some reviews about it, and they said that car rocked. But the main thing wrong was the seats. The seats are small for some people is what they say. I have a moderately fat ass, but not a FAT ass. My two questions are:

1. Comfortable, say, going to school or work?

2. Reliability. Is the car going to last 5 + years without a drastic change in performance?

JeremiahCFelt
07-04-2004, 08:16 PM
Sorry, I meant SRT-4, no such thing as the 14 ;P

SniperX13
07-04-2004, 08:53 PM
sorry, but that is waaaaaaaay to much car for a 16 year old.

baileypicks24
07-05-2004, 12:46 AM
Hey man, I was in teh same situation you were in 3-4 years ago.

I'm glad youre doing research and really planning your purchase. Let me warn you thought, the SRT-4 is a great car but I will not reccomend it to a first-time driver. Its absolutely ridiculous for a 16 year old so be given soo much power. Its pretty much the fastest car out there under $20 grand. Have you thought about uinsurance costs? Sure maybe your parents will be paying for insurance but if your name anywhere on the policy...well, do the math: 220HP+Turbo+16 year old is gonna be ridiculous.

I think I know wheere you're coming from. Take a look at thes cars:

1. Acura Integra
2. Nissan Sentra SE-R
3. Honda Civic Si

These are popular tuner cars that have great aftermarket support. Check some of thes out and tell me what you think.

JeremiahCFelt
07-05-2004, 01:40 AM
thanks for rubbing in the 16 year old part! :P

BTW, If you think that I would speed with it, I wouldnt... well... maybe a little...

However, i'll into consideration.

Thanks for you replies, but both of my questions are still left unanswered!!!

JeremiahCFelt
07-05-2004, 01:45 AM
Oh, just curious... could a civic hold a cello? Cellos are about 4 feet tall...

baileypicks24
07-08-2004, 12:04 AM
Man, its hard to tell you how "comfortable" a car will be for daily usage. I know guys who put aftermarket racing springs/shocks on their cars and they complain about their ride being so harsh. Then again I know about people who are boosting 15 lbs on a street beast that's stiff as a SCCA touring car. The only way to find out the answer to that sspecific question is by test driving the car because I dont' know what you consider "comfortable", etc. You follow me???

As far as the reliability, with the technology of these cars, especially these newer ones, and with their multi-year warranties you shouldnt have any "reliability" concerns. You should only be worried about reliability if you plan on getting an older RX7 or something.

Add your comment to this topic!