Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Calling all Australian owners

bunkhound
07-04-2004, 06:44 AM
I finally took delivery of my Gallardo on Thursday. Been on order since last October.

I have a problem and I am hoping that other owners in Australia may be able to provide me some information to help me.

When I placed my order, I was expecting that the seats would be the full electric ie. the seats adjust in height, tilt, recline, lumbar and reach - all electrically. I was told that this would be standard in all Australian delivered cars, and it was certainly not on any "options" list that I was shown. This is what was in the demo car I drove. I therefore assumed that the car would be delivered this way.

The car that has been delivered has manual seats ie mechanical fore/aft reach and electric tilt only. My problem is that I am finding this seat extremely uncomfortable because the "fixed" lumber is pushing hard into my lower back, and consequently I have no upper back support.

Do other Australian delivered cars have the full electric seat functions control, or are they all manual like mine? What did everyone order in this regard, and/or what did you expect to receive?

When did you take delivery of your cars?

Has Lamborghini Australia pulled a "swifty" here, to save money? I would have happily ordered electric seats if neccessary. Now it is too late, and I am not very happy about it.

It's not that I particularly want electric seats, but I sure do need the lumbar adjustment, and the height adjustment would help a lot.

mhh1
07-04-2004, 07:49 AM
Bunkhound, I've sent you a pm to say my car came with the electric seats. I wasn't expecting them, and I don't think the dealer was either, but it just turned up that way. I'm told that they are normally an option worth $A8K or so.

Tell us more about your car - color, options etc.

-Davo
07-08-2004, 04:30 AM
Aussie Lambo Owners!

Go Aussie Aussie Aussie!!!!! OI OI OI!!!!!

w00t

bunkhound
07-09-2004, 05:15 AM
Aussie Lambo Owners!

Go Aussie Aussie Aussie!!!!! OI OI OI!!!!!

w00t

Hi Davo,

We're in the minority, but numbers are increasing. Mine is Gallardo #21 in Australia, delivered last week. I guess that's not too bad for us Aussie's seeing as the first ones didn't really arrive 'till Jan this year.

And there's quite a number of Diablo's and a few Murci's, and not too sure about others, but I know there's a few about.

So save up your dollars, don't neglect your education 'cos a good job helps a lot, find a wife/partner who has a full time job and is accomodating when it comes to "cars", and "no kids" is probably almost a pre-requiste to Lambo ownership here! (I could be taken "to task" over that comment). Well, it was for me - no way I could have joined the elite club otherwise.

-Davo
07-20-2004, 01:34 AM
haha, i'm only 18. Full time student at UNI. I've already semi-chosen a career, and It WON'T be in the field my degree takes me. I just have to work really hard at it, and I *theoretically* could have a lambo with in 5 years :D

I've seen a few Diablo's on Sydney roads, no Murcielago's, and 1 Gallardo.
The Diablo's are a Blue SV with SV written on the sides. And a yellow Roadster. I also saw a Yellow Gallardo in May. Twice! Awesome experiance.

I also went to the Lamborghini day on November 30th last year on Pyrmont Bridge in Sydney's CBD

http://users.bigpond.net.au/revoke/images/lambo

Add your comment to this topic!