Talon Tsi

Telemain
07-04-2004, 03:27 AM
Ha thanks guys I think i'm goin to get the TSI after a long thought and research. My friend is no longer getting his GSX due to insurance and regular maintance cost and my other friend getting the VR4 is not gettin that till next year and by that time i'd have enough mods to wipe him off the road. So the idea of getting my integra is out, TSI AWD baby! yes!

kman10587
07-04-2004, 03:57 AM
I dunno, the Integra GS-R will still get better mileage, have lower insurance, and require less maintenance, but the TSi AWD is a good car :)

Mumm
07-04-2004, 01:29 PM
Telemain:
I'm not telling you not to get the Tsi but some of my friends have had BAD luck with them- first off I live in Iowa, we have over 90 degree days in the summer and below 10 degree days in the winter. But anyway, my friends say that the turbo that eagle puts on the talons is ok, putting in like 6-7 pounds of boost, but my friends add on HUGE turbos with like 10+ pounds of boost, and then blowing their engine out! Also since they drive them in winter too, with the all wheel drive, the huge turbo and ice on roads, that is just asking for a transmission or awd system failure.

Just something to think about, I do like DSM cars but my friends havent had good luck with them.

Telemain
07-04-2004, 02:54 PM
O i live in Va we don't get alot of snow and things like that. not hilly either. the GSR is WAY too much in this area. and there are like 3 for sale like mad far from here too. I AND i have a nice fat account after buying my TSi just in case of the tech problems under the hood. thanx all

kman10587
07-04-2004, 03:42 PM
Mumm: You can't just add a big turbo like that, you have to modify the internals a well. If you do, though, the TSi AWD can handle tremendous amounts of boost, which is why it's such a popular drag car.

But yeah, DSMs aren't the most reliable cars on the road. The Integra GS-R will, in the long run, be much cheaper to own. For someone your age, I'd recommend the GS-R.

Add your comment to this topic!