Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Reason why No fuel? No one can Tell me how .

runcorvetterun
07-03-2004, 01:31 AM
I changed the engine out from 2000 Daewoo Nubria , for 2001 Daewoo Nubria engine/trans complete with all sensors. Fuel pump used to come one just as you turned on key, but didn't crank car...the pump would humm for about 3to 4 seconds. It won't do anything ...no power to the pump..but it runs just fine wired direct to 12 volts. The emergency fuel shutoff switch is not tripped. the relay is just fine, the fuse is good. It won't run. Who knows why? Help Me Please! This one day job is now at 12... and the Dealers are 70 miles away by tow...and the LOCAL shops don't have decoders for this #$$^% Daewoo, and just won't to cut wire at pump, run to key switch on new wire.......Come on son...someone can tell me why or how the pump was cut off. It may have been turned off by computer with car jacked up high in front and the tank empty almost of fuel...pump ran too long and did not pressure up, or wife turned on key to put up window as rain came...and fuel line was off at fuel rail...and in both cases MAYBE the computer sensed there was major fuel leak ...since it never got a pressure up reading to cut it off. So the computer threw a code to SHUTOFF FUEL PUMP. I can't find ANY thing, book, diaghram,Person that knows or will tell this DAEWOO'S SECRET.. DO YOU KNOW? DO YOU HAVE A GUESS? Help my sanity.. tell me.. Please.

rexygirl
01-10-2005, 09:50 PM
I changed the engine out from 2000 Daewoo Nubria , for 2001 Daewoo Nubria engine/trans complete with all sensors. Fuel pump used to come one just as you turned on key, but didn't crank car...the pump would humm for about 3to 4 seconds. It won't do anything ...no power to the pump..but it runs just fine wired direct to 12 volts. The emergency fuel shutoff switch is not tripped. the relay is just fine, the fuse is good. It won't run. Who knows why? Help Me Please! This one day job is now at 12... and the Dealers are 70 miles away by tow...and the LOCAL shops don't have decoders for this #$$^% Daewoo, and just won't to cut wire at pump, run to key switch on new wire.......Come on son...someone can tell me why or how the pump was cut off. It may have been turned off by computer with car jacked up high in front and the tank empty almost of fuel...pump ran too long and did not pressure up, or wife turned on key to put up window as rain came...and fuel line was off at fuel rail...and in both cases MAYBE the computer sensed there was major fuel leak ...since it never got a pressure up reading to cut it off. So the computer threw a code to SHUTOFF FUEL PUMP. I can't find ANY thing, book, diaghram,Person that knows or will tell this DAEWOO'S SECRET.. DO YOU KNOW? DO YOU HAVE A GUESS? Help my sanity.. tell me.. Please.

You have a fuel cut off switch which is a safety in an accident It is located somewhere on the pass side of the engine compartment

Add your comment to this topic!