Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

RSX question

zohar
01-27-2002, 05:51 PM
Is it better to buy the RSX-Type S now or just wait for type R?

Moppie
01-27-2002, 05:59 PM
The type S is the Type R.

There is no Integra name in North America anymore, and there is no Type R badge to go with it.

In case your wondering the new Civic Si is the New Civic Type R with a differnt badge.

Jay!
01-27-2002, 06:06 PM
No, I don't believe that's true, Moppie.

I'm sure the RSX-S and RSX-R are not identical, though I can't enumerate their differences. Same goes for Civic Si and CTR.

F20C
01-27-2002, 09:12 PM
Always buy the car you want now. Never wait for the next best thing unless it's only 2 months away.

Acura says Type S is here to replace outgoing GS-R.

What DC5 Integra Type R differs from DC5 RSX Type S.

8400 rpm redline compare to 7900 rpm.
218 hp output compare to 200 hp.
156 torque compare to 142 torque.
17 inch enkei rims compare to 16 inch
Recaro seats compare to leather sports seats
Plus many more. I don't want to list them all.

What EP3 Civic Type R differs from EP3 Civic Si/SiR

8400 rpm redline compare to 6900 rpm.
212 hp output compre to 160 hp.
17 inch compare to 16 inch rims
Suspension layout is almost identical.
Recaro seat compare to red stitching suede seat found on DC2 Type R.
Plus a lot of other stuff.

Moppie
01-28-2002, 02:02 AM
I thought the new USDM Civic Si was getting 200hp? oh well.

Any way the RSX Type S shares the same mechanical spec as the NZ and Australian Integra Type-R. Which shares the same suspension, interior and body kit as the JDM Integra Type-R.
Basicly like the last Type-R Honda have given the JDM version of the car more Hp than what the rest of the world gets.
Honda NZ is selling and fitting the required engine mods to give the NZDM ITR's the same 220hp as the JDM cars though. (but its not cheap!)

The ITR has got soft, the old car sold in small numbers to only a limited amount of enthusiasts, its wasnt about making money, but providing Honda with an image. It was never intended for sale in the US and it took some convincing before a USDM version was made.
The car was about public relations and marketing, not profit.
The new integra/RSX is a bit of a depature, the new Type-R has less changes from the base car, and dosnt even inlcude any form of weight reduction. Its about useing the image of the old ITR to sell the new one and make some money.
Despite thier strong enginering and performance focus Honda is still a bussiness, and making cars that don't return a profit for a long time is not a smart idea for any business wanting a future.

Honda USA might release a special light weight version, and call it a Type-R. But I wouldn't hold my breath, and I wouldn't put any kind of a wager on it happening.

F20C
01-28-2002, 02:30 AM
NZ and Aussie Integra Type R was everything JDM except the engine which is shared with RSX Type S (200 hp). So I am pretty sure RSX Type S doesn't have the Type R parts. The car felt didn't felt like Type R in any aspect. Type S is a very civilized car.

hondapower27
02-03-2002, 08:46 PM
i disagree with moppie, the type-s is not the type-r, the type-s is diff, sure it's got the goodies but not that of the type-r:sun:

Add your comment to this topic!