Jimmy just died on me, third fuel pump already

hilljack
07-02-2004, 01:03 PM
Well it was my daughters up until a couple days ago and she was having fuel delivery problems. That's what the first shop said. It died on her several times and two different shops kept replacing fuel pumps so I don't have any history to really go on. I don't even know if they bench tested them after removal. She was out of State.

When it died I got a "check gauges light" and I did not hear the pump running when the key was on. If I remember correctly the pump only hums until it pressurizes but I didn't hear it cycle at all.

Other then that I get a ABS brake light on all the time but that's probably not related. If I have an engine fault or the ECU is doing something strange shouldn't I get a check engine light?

so I have a feeling it's not the pump but the ECU disabling it for some reason, or possibly the ignition switch from some of the posts I've read.

Any ideas?

hilljack
07-02-2004, 03:09 PM
Well I just went to try and start it. Thought it might start after sitting for awhile.

I go the check gauges light okay

I could not hear any relays in the glove box but I did hear some clicking underneath the car. No hum until pressurized like I heard yesterday.

Add your comment to this topic!