Looking for Pittsburgh People

Sight N Sound
07-02-2004, 11:22 AM
I really never knew about this forum until today and was looking for people in the Pittsburgh area. I run a small car club in the Pittsburgh area (which has been going though a lot of changes) that also provides coverage of the shows we go to. We're not out to be the biggest or best club out there, just try to bring a positive outlook to all the automotive hobbies (Unlike some from "Pepboy Modifiers" that are ruining some of these events to where they get toss out of venues).

If you view our member's pages some of the vehicles are recently purchased (replaced initial vehicles they joined with) and don't have much done. Over the past 3 summers we have changed in size and currently have a decently knit group of people. This summer has been lacking due to several of our members (including myself) making home purchases and we're trying to get back on the ball.

If you have any questions please feel free to ask.

New Dawn Customs - Pittsburgh, PA (http://www.newdawncustoms.com)

speediva
07-05-2004, 09:48 AM
What constitutes "modding" a car? I love my car, and I love my bike, but neither are "modded" depending on what the definition is. I've seen a ton of car clubs try to get a start in Pittsburgh, but never found one who really stands up to what they claim they are. I am just trying to feel out what you're all about, I guess.

Sight N Sound
07-06-2004, 07:47 AM
What constitutes "modding" a car? I love my car, and I love my bike, but neither are "modded" depending on what the definition is. I've seen a ton of car clubs try to get a start in Pittsburgh, but never found one who really stands up to what they claim they are. I am just trying to feel out what you're all about, I guess.

A simple "hello I'm from Pittsburgh" would suffice.

As for your question on what "modding" is to me, that is not the question to be asking. Everyone's Idea of Modifying is different. Changing performance aspects of a vehicle is "modding". Changing the overall look and feel of a vehicle is "modding". Even those categories can be further broken down. Do you modify to handle better in the "twisties" or do you modify to see how fast you can go from a dead stop in an allotted distance? On the other side, do you modify your vehicle to stand out, to not stand out, drag on the ground, or hop around?

As for "trying to feel what I'm all about", I didn't know coming on here I was applying my club for acceptance in the Pittsburgh area. I was looking for other sources online for automotive hobbyists. Sort of a change in pace from the typical people you find around the area (please reference the Pepboys comment)

Sorry if you don't like my response but I never claimed nor claimed my club to be anything spectacular that I or we couldn't "stand up" too.

Again a simple "Hello, I'm from the Pittsburgh area" instead of the "predetermined stereotype" post would have been just fine.

-Take Care

speediva
07-09-2004, 01:59 PM
I wasn't trying to put you out, but your club site says that members must have cars that are "modified or are going to be modified", so I wanted to know, what is "modified"? I hate ricers as much as the next person, so believe me, I'm not putting you out on a limb here. I point and laugh at all the assholes with Folger's printed on their "muffler"... you get my point there I imagine.

primesuspect407
07-12-2004, 10:45 PM
hello I'm from Pittsburgh

Add your comment to this topic!