Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Comments on this setup, feel free!

Darkwing
07-01-2004, 09:58 PM
Ok, I have a 95 civic coupe ex. Yes, its an auto. don't stop reading tho! I already have a WS cat-back exhaust and DC Sports 4-2-1 ceramic header. I bought the Nology Hotwires, but that's unimportant. I am planning on getting the LevelTen PTS upgrade and some 225hp rated axels. Lastly, I plan on swapping my DAC intake and manifold for a JRSC. I figure this setup will give me about 200 hp and 120 ft-lbs from what I have read. Will I need to upgrade the fuel pump and rail? I think this should cover everything, but do I need a new ECU as well? I am literally just considering the exact parts I mentioned nothing more, so if I am missing something I'd appriciate the heads-up.

I am not looking for a supercar or a NSX beater, just a car with some added pep and personality that won't be too much of a headache or a garage setter. This is to be my daily driver and fun car all rolled into one. Just for the record I have some Tein Flex coilovers on the way as well. Check my website for a complete listing of parts I have added/swapped.

So what do you think? Honestly I am looking for improvements to this setup and if there aren't any this is what I'll do.

Thanks,

DW

YellowITR479
07-02-2004, 07:19 AM
You are gonna need some kind of "piggyback" like an SAFC or a standalone if you want to be reliable. You could upgrade your injectors, anything helps when you got boost. I dont know about an Ex's fuel pump......prob puny. Screw it dude...just do an engine swap.

YellowITR479
07-02-2004, 07:21 AM
i always said that anybody that spends their money on a SOHC should have their head examined and hire an accountant to stress that that money you spend on that stuff for your SOHC, you could have 50-60% more power with a DOHC for the same $$'s

civickiller
07-02-2004, 02:55 PM
doesnt the jrsc kit come with everything you need to run it ?

YellowITR479
07-02-2004, 03:09 PM
Most kit do ...that is why they call them "kit's". Sorry..im going to stop now, im having a bad day :banghead:

94civicvtecex
05-04-2005, 09:26 PM
All you need is to by the whole JRSC kit for th d16z6 engine which is on the ex civics of your era 92-95. This comes with everything to run the blower. This way you gey a reliable source of power, without having to worry about you car breaking down like with a turbo on a sohc. The JRSC on my d16z6 works fine, I ahven't had one problem and I got a huge kick in the ass with power and tourque compared to the slow ass stock set up. But then again I got my JRsc for 1200 bucks. If I had money saved up I would buy a gsr engine, throw it in your civic, make sure you get 5spd tranny gsr. Then..............drop a turbo in it.

civickiller
05-05-2005, 07:24 AM
oh i doubt you would get 200whp. probably more close to 170whp

superbluecivicsi
05-05-2005, 11:40 AM
id just go buy a manual b series swap. thats just me though.

Schister66
05-05-2005, 06:35 PM
i always said that anybody that spends their money on a SOHC should have their head examined and hire an accountant to stress that that money you spend on that stuff for your SOHC, you could have 50-60% more power with a DOHC for the same $$'s

I disagree totally!!! Go to www.turbod16.com and look around! They make more power than any stock B swap and they spend about the same if not less than a swap. Check it out

GudeCiv
05-16-2005, 08:32 PM
Please be more specific if you are going to be offensive to those with a SOHC setup, or at least be more openminded. Explain the benifit for the money in a DOHC and why, do not just talk something down, as I would not trade my SOHC set up for any b-series swap on the same cash level.
I am not gonna be a dumbass that is defending myself because I am jealous of b-series so please do not just blow me off, I love the ITR swap in my gurls EG6 we just recently did together last weekend. In a drag case, she wins, in an AutoX case I win. Please be more open-minded and if you are going to crack an insult on a specific crowd, be sure you leave some exceptions. thanx

civicHBsi91
05-17-2005, 01:23 PM
If anything get rid of that auto tranny, You probably wouldent even break 14's with all that and the auto trans.

Add your comment to this topic!