Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

few probs with 93 ssei(tranny)

93bonssei
07-01-2004, 02:20 PM
i have 93 ssei,my main prob is with the tranny not shifting into overdrive,when this started, it was when you kicked it down or accelerated fairly hard, i could either pull over and shut the car off and restart,or just wait for a few(while driving)then it would be back to shifting normal.but as time progressed i have no overdrive at all now.transmission solenoid?modulater?if anyone can give me any advice i would greatly appreciate it.another puzzler i have is when i run the ac(or heat) you can hear the blower running but can barely feel anything from the vents. and my last thing i have a question about (i have more..lol,but will stop with this one) is during winter months(ohio weather) i get alot of water on the floorboards.i don't drive the car much during the winter,even in warm weather with heavy rain i don't notice anything.just the winter.i have the power moonroof.possibly the seals shrinkin during the cold weather?? any help would be appreciated...thanks

randman1
07-05-2004, 01:44 PM
For your first two problems, I'm going to let someone more mechanical chime in but I can help you out with your water problem. In 1996 a TSB was released regarding the sunroof seals for wind noise and water leaks. The design of the seal in eariler models (92-95) left a gap. Mine is just shy of 3/8". There is a replacement part #12371670 which is a continous seal without a split. The dealer list is about $75 but is available from www.gmpartsdirect.com for $44.40 plus shipping. As far as the ease of installation, I hear it is easy to install but somewhat a pain to re-align the glass. I should have my part in a couple of days and will let you know.

Also, get those drains checked! This is what mine liiked like:

http://img51.photobucket.com/albums/v155/randman1/1993SSEi/drain_1.jpg

http://img51.photobucket.com/albums/v155/randman1/1993SSEi/drain_2.jpg

To make a long story short, both of the rear drains were disconnected and the front left one was clogged. Water was pouring in from the sunfoof, along the headliner and proceded to the floor. The carpet was seriously molded and the padding was thrown away.

The third thing is that there was another TSB released regarding water leaks from the door seals. The addition of butyl rubber is GM's solution for this one. If you pull off the door seals and you see a sticky, rubbery mess clinging onto the seals than your car has already had this update.

Add your comment to this topic!