Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

94 Isuzu rodeo 2.6L timing issues

MellowMan
07-01-2004, 10:27 AM
Help!! I just replaced the head gasket on a 94 Isuzu Rodeo 2.6L, Had it set to TDC when i removed the head, Had the head resurfaced and 2 valve's replaced and started on reassembling, It's all back together and it did start but with some timing issue's, So i started back and was checking all the timing settings and noticed that when i have the cam sprocket at it's point my mark on the crankshaft is atleast 1/8 of a turn off from being at its TDC mark, Im not sure if it has a deinterlaced head on it or not from bending valves, But like i said it did start... What im needing to know is after bringing it up to TDC on a compression stroke and the camshaft sprocket is not on it's mark.. do i need to pull the the belt and get the mark alligned backup for the camshaft and then make my adjustments by turning the camshaft to its marks? ive had heads resurfaced before and they always made sure that the cam was back in position and when i started putting it back together everything went back in place like before... is there a chance that they were out on the cam ? Hard to believe that it would start if it was HELP!!!!

thanks in advance

Add your comment to this topic!