Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Short Throw question

Dru918
06-29-2004, 10:16 PM
Yeah, I wanted to know if anyone has any personal opinions about short throws. Which brand makes the best ones, tips on installing, which is better single, dual, or no bend. I just don't want to buy a crappy one.
Thanks

charlieteg
06-29-2004, 11:44 PM
cant go wrong with b&m

integratool666
06-30-2004, 12:56 AM
i got an APC one from ebay for cheap - and it is very VERY short - just need to make sure you grease up the ball part - and the throws got hella short - its kinda cool - just notch it in there - i like it

Mannyb18b
06-30-2004, 01:23 AM
B&M is a solid choice- I dont know much about the APC product

genkichild
07-01-2004, 04:50 PM
Yeah, get a nice one. I got a crappy one and it rattled and scraped the exhaust! I modified it so it is tight, feels good, and doesn't scrape, but what a pain in the ass. It still gets hot when I drive for a while too cause it clears by less than 1cm.

Dru918
07-02-2004, 06:55 PM
So I guess I'll go for the B&M short throw. Thanks you guys

90gs
07-03-2004, 04:01 PM
i got an APC one from ebay for cheap - and it is very VERY short - just need to make sure you grease up the ball part - and the throws got hella short - its kinda cool - just notch it in there - i like it

disregard what this guy says. do NOT, i repeat, DO NOT get a cheap one. get a b&m or skunk2. i bought a cheap one on ebay and i put it in. took an hour and a half doing it (had crappy tools and only a floor jack at the time). i go to the gas station and back, its fine. i go to the girlfriends house, with plans to just cruise around with her to test out the shifter. we leave her house, less than 2 minutes after we leave, shifting into second it fucking snaps in half. i thought i didnt tighten the shift linkage enough and it fell off cuz the shifter was just flopping around, but i lifted up and the shifter from the ball joint and up came off.

car was stuck in second gear. drove home in second the next morning and put the stock one back in. integras have weak synchros (copper) anyway so i wouldnt put one on anyway, just wear out your tranny prematurely.

Add your comment to this topic!